Beatles forums > Songs

Tell Me What You See

(1/3) > >>

Hello Goodbye:
I always liked this song...a lot!  It was an easy song to learn on guitar.

Here's what I said about it in Beatles under a microscope - HELP!

This is one of my favorite songs on this album.  I like Paul's lead vocal and John's harmony and how they switch.  I like the claves and the quick outro.  But what I like most is the more mature nature of Tell Me What You See.  It's a signpost to the future and Rubber Soul.

The Beatles - "Tell Me What You See" Stereo Remaster

The keyboard you hear is the Hohner Pianet...

Snoopy66:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 08, 2013, 06:06:11 AM ---I always liked this song...a lot!  It was an easy song to learn on guitar.

Here's what I said about it in Beatles under a microscope - HELP!

This is one of my favorite songs on this album.  I like Paul's lead vocal and John's harmony and how they switch.  I like the claves and the quick outro.  But what I like most is the more mature nature of Tell Me What You See.  It's a signpost to the future and Rubber Soul.

The Beatles - "Tell Me What You See" Stereo Remaster

--- End quote ---

Me too  :) I always loved that song and I enjoy it every time I listen to it. It's true that the lyrics are pretty mature. It's kind of Beatles songs you're not fed up with because you don't hear it often on radios (like Hey Jude).

Snoopy

tkitna:
Here is my review from the Microscope thead-

--- Quote ---Tell Me What You See - Weak song. I don’t like the vocals here. I don’t like the backgrounds either come to think of it. Here’s a song that has drums, tambourine, wood blocks, and some other noise making instrument being played at the same time. Too much in my opinion. The organ is ok actually to me here. The lead vocals and backgrounds are shaky throughout the entire song. Why? George Martin should have tightened this song up some. Maybe he didn’t feel it was worth the effort. I can understand that. Humming together at the end sucks and sounds dumb. Song is nothing more than filler.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, not one of my favorites.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
This is certainly a filler, but I enjoy it at parts. I like the drumming, I find some rare beats by Ringo there.

Dcazz:
I like the song but I agree the vocals weren't thought out well. According to The Recording sessions this was originally written for Help but rejected.
Paul plays electric piano and on the tape box one of the percussion instruments is a Latin American instrument called a Guiro.
Febuary 18th is the recording date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version