Beatles forums > Songs

Song of the week - Lady Madonna

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dcazz:
I always liked it as well. I think it's the first up front lead piano songs Paul wrote! I really like the guitar work bettween John and George but at one point the guitar work was mixed down maybe when it was released in stereo(?). I think it sounds the best when they're louder.

Kangaroo Kev:
IMO this is a classic case of 'mono is better'
It annoys me a bit that the lead vocal drums and Guitars are mainly on one stereo side and piano is on the other, mono just sounds way better for me.

I love Paul vocal and I like his Elvis-like inflection he puts in his voice, I also really like the harmony vocals on 'See How They Run' Johns voice is very distinctive and clear and blends perfectly.
The Sax solo fits very well but would be better without the PaPaPaPaaa's, although for me its a bit of comedy, maybe Johns idea, no doubt George Martin as a producer of comedy wouldve approved ?

A great catchy tune, I forgive Paul for nicking the Piano riff :D

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: nimrod on April 03, 2013, 11:47:34 PM ---IMO this is a classic case of 'mono is better'
It annoys me a bit that the lead vocal drums and Guitars are mainly on one stereo side and piano is on the other, mono just sounds way better for me.

I love Paul vocal and I like his Elvis-like inflection he puts in his voice, I also really like the harmony vocals on 'See How They Run' Johns voice is very distinctive and clear and blends perfectly.
The Sax solo fits very well but would be better without the PaPaPaPaaa's, although for me its a bit of comedy, maybe Johns idea, no doubt George Martin as a producer of comedy wouldve approved ?

--- End quote ---
"See how they run might be the best part" with Georges descending guitar riff right after!

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: nimrod on April 03, 2013, 11:47:34 PM ---IMO this is a classic case of 'mono is better'

--- End quote ---
Oop's!

Kangaroo Kev:
Fats Domino - Lady Madonna

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version