Hello Goodbye:
"Another Day" (Paul McCartney) bass cover

:)

Hello Goodbye:
Paul McCartney - Another Day [Live - Charlotte - 1993]

Another Day - Paul McCartney - Barclays Center, NY - June 10, 2013

It's just another day.   ;)

Normandie:

I've always loved this song, too; so pretty! Lately, however, I've been avoiding it because I find the lyrics too depressing.

Moogmodule:
I've always liked this song. As some have already said its very melodic. And the whole delivery is flawless. I like the middle 8 (or more like 16)
too that I think lifts the song musically.

I can, though,  understand why John et al ribbed it. (I read somewhere that he altered the line in How Do You Sleep to reference Another day  at Allan Klein's suggestion, and perhaps to avoid a lawsuit from accusing Paul of ripping off Yesterday). The subject matter is a bit downbeat and it must have fit the cliche that Paul just couldn't stop sounding cheerful regardless of subject matter.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on December 20, 2013, 11:27:35 PM ---The subject matter is a bit downbeat and it must have fit the cliche that Paul just couldn't stop sounding cheerful regardless of subject matter.

--- End quote ---
Really? Paul sounds cheerful on Eleanor Rigby, Yesterday or Let It Be???
I think one of Paul's strengths is his ability to deliver an ice cold vocal when other artists would be tempted to use a more emotionally wrought vocal. For No One is a prime example.Cheerful?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version