Beatles forums > The Beatles

Being very famous

<< < (2/3) > >>

Klang:

I should know. I'm one of them.

:P

Kevin:
Gosh - am I alone in liking the idea of fame. Think I could handle it. Its always bothered me that for maybe 5 years after my death a very small handful of folk will say "remember that Kevin......". A few years after it'll be "what was that guys name...Keith,Kelvin" then it would be "whose that?" when people look at old photos.
I would like to leave my mark on the world, hopefully in a positive way. Being a childless, godless man in his mid fifties don't help any.
Five years ago, thanks to the british public records office I was able to follow in the footsteps of my long dead ( and never met) grandads unit around Belgium in 1918. I found a little graveyard in a small church where about ten of his unit buddies were buried, killed in the same action that grandad was wounded, 1 month before the armistice. In an untypical fit of sentimentality I went to each gravestone, touched it, and said each mans name out loud, because I thought there names might not have been said or remembered for nearly a century. I'm not sure that will happen to me.
His name was frank vernon wallis. Please say it.

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Kevin on April 26, 2013, 07:19:13 PM ---Gosh - am I alone in liking the idea of fame. Think I could handle it. Its always bothered me that for maybe 5 years after my death a very small handful of folk will say "remember that Kevin......". A few years after it'll be "what was that guys name...Keith,Kelvin" then it would be "whose that?" when people look at old photos.
I would like to leave my mark on the world, hopefully in a positive way. Being a childless, godless man in his mid fifties don't help any.
Five years ago, thanks to the british public records office I was able to follow in the footsteps of my long dead ( and never met) grandads unit around Belgium in 1918. I found a little graveyard in a small church where about ten of his unit buddies were buried, killed in the same action that grandad was wounded, 1 month before the armistice. In an untypical fit of sentimentality I went to each gravestone, touched it, and said each mans name out loud, because I thought there names might not have been said or remembered for nearly a century. I'm not sure that will happen to me.
His name was frank vernon wallis. Please say it.

--- End quote ---

thats a lovely thing to do at their graves Kevin......good on you.

We had ANZAC day on the 25th and I get a bit emotional when I think of all the young men who left the shores of Australia & New Zealand never to return...........God bless them all.

Kevin:
Cheers Nimrod. Where are you from (I'm from Wellington originally)

nimrod:
Im a Mancunian born & bred Kevin but Ive lived in Brisbane since 1987

Before Brisbane I worked in Los Angeles, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Hong Kong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version