Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - Norwegian Wood

<< < (2/8) > >>

tkitna:
Its a really good song, but I dont listen to it very often. My buddy played it in his band when we were in college and I got sick of hearing it every night. 20 years and i'm still sick of it.

Good song though.

Hello Goodbye:
I was fifteen when I first heard this song.  My parents bought the Rubber Soul LP for my kid sister as she was one of those screaming, hysterical Beatles fans.  She didn't like the album at all.  She was only ten years old.  I liked the LP so my sister gave it to me.  She was finished with The Beatles and soon became a Monkees fan.

I had no idea what the lyrics meant.  I just liked the tune and the bits of sitar accompaniment.  I remember a classmate interpreting the lyrics to mean that he set fire to her room.  I thought it was a fire in the fireplace.  I guess my classmate was right.

With Anthology, we got to hear earlier takes of the song with more sitar...

Norwegian Wood Take 1 / The Beatles

The Beatles - Norwegian Wood (Take 2)

I like these takes from a developmental standpoint.

Klang:

Definitely a move towards more sophistication, and fun at the same time.

The 'lit the fire' line is a bit ambiguous, but I always took it to mean burning furniture in a fireplace.

:)

blmeanie:

--- Quote from: tkitna on May 03, 2013, 11:46:55 PM ---Its a really good song, but I dont listen to it very often. My buddy played it in his band when we were in college and I got sick of hearing it every night. 20 years and i'm still sick of it.

Good song though.

--- End quote ---
Tkitna- I chuckled out loud (col?) when I saw your reply on this.  I can remember you saying you are "sick of it" but still crediting good songs on many, many songs.  We all go through getting sick of songs, comes with being fanatics I guess.  I hope you can still listen to these songs you are sick of and enjoy them to some degree.

tkitna:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on May 04, 2013, 12:58:38 PM ---Tkitna- I chuckled out loud (col?) when I saw your reply on this.  I can remember you saying you are "sick of it" but still crediting good songs on many, many songs.  We all go through getting sick of songs, comes with being fanatics I guess.  I hope you can still listen to these songs you are sick of and enjoy them to some degree.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I hear you. I dont listen to the Beatles very often anymore and when I do, 'Norwegian Wood' would be a song that I wouldnt search out if I did. Its still a very good song, but I prefer songs I havent heard 10 million times before. I wouldnt shut it off if it came on the radio if thats any indication.  ha2ha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version