Beatles forums > Albums

Question regarding The Beatles YESTERDAY...AND TODAY LP trail off stamp

<< < (2/3) > >>

peterbell1:
The circle pressed into the run-out groove indicates that your record was pressed at Capitol's Jacksonville, Illinois pressing plant.

The other symbols you see on Capitol pressings are ...

Triangle with letters IAM inside - Scranton, PA
Asterisk - Los Angeles, CA
Triangle with line extending from one corner - Winchester, VA

I know that on the back sleeves of US Beatles LPs there are small numbers indicating where the sleeves were printed. I don't know, however, what number you'd have to look out for to get an exact match to your Jacksonville vinyl.

vinylrarities:
Great...thanks for taking the time to help me put the pieces of the puzzle together.  With the information you have provided, I can now search the Internet in an attempt to narrow down the options I have regarding which jacket would best be suited for this LP.

peterbell1:
The cheapest option for you would be to get a copy with the trunk copy sleeve from eBay where the vinyl is in poor shape. You should get it for a reasonable price because most collectors will be looking for good quality vinyl copies.

Also, you will need the correct inner sleeve, which should have pictures of various Capitol albums from 1966 ....

vinylrarities:
Excellent idea regarding searching the ebay listings for a nice trunk jacket and inner sleeve...thanks for posting an image of the inner sleeve.  I'll keep you posted...

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: peterbell1 on May 08, 2013, 05:29:42 PM ---Also, you will need the correct inner sleeve, which should have pictures of various Capitol albums from 1966 ....

--- End quote ---

Peter,

Many years ago I was tempted to replace my Beatles albums' inner sleeves with archival plastic-lined white paper sleeves.  Something told me not to do it.  I'm glad I didn't.

Barry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version