Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

<< < (2/5) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

George Harrison - While my guitar gently weeps - The Concert For Bangladesh

George Harrison and Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)

blmeanie:
Absolutely love the opening.  Best part of the song.  I like it, don't feel it is overrated.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on June 20, 2013, 01:20:14 AM ---Absolutely love the opening.  Best part of the song.  I like it, don't feel it is overrated.

--- End quote ---

Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George)

Kangaroo Kev:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on June 20, 2013, 02:12:51 AM ---
Eric Clapton - While my guitar gently weeps (HQ)(Concert for George)

--- End quote ---

That video for me doesnt nail it Barry, for a start he hasnt got the right sound, on the album he played Georges Les paul.
I remember when I got the white album the week it came out, I was astounded that George had turned into a rock guitar god :)

Didnt know it was Eric, but man what a solo, there is so much emotion and technique in it , I could never play like that in a million years (neither could George)
People say to me, what is so good about Clapton, he mainly plays boring pentatonic scales all the time, theyre missing the point, he has the touch of a virtuoso, and that touch is evident on this track. He makes the guitar sound like it crying.

"In an online poll held by Guitar World magazine in February 2012, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was voted the best of Harrison's Beatle-era songs."

Im not surprised..

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on June 20, 2013, 03:27:24 AM ---That video for me doesnt nail it Barry, for a start he hasnt got the right sound, on the album he played Georges Les paul.

--- End quote ---

Kev, I posted that video in response to blmeanie saying that he loved the opening.  We see Paul playing piano for the entire song just as he did in the original recording.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version