Ive been watching quite a few tv series recently, movies seem to have gone a bit sh*tty, and tv series now regularly have movie actors in them and theyve raised the game , anyway heres my opinions, hope they are of some help.Dexter
- Very well made, I was hooked on it, Im watching the last season now and its gone on too long I think, but the first 4 seasons were great. Loved the Bay Harbour Butcher Breaking Bad
- My favourite (see my avatar ), great storyline, very well acted, one of the best imo, cant wait to see how it pans out in the last season. 'Nice guy Science teacher with loving wife turns into drug lord because he has terminal cancer and wants to leave his family plenty of money to live on - his intentions are good but it all turns to sh*t, even wifey leaves him' a must watch.The Newsroom
- another one Id recommend, brilliant script, very well acted. Really like this one.Game Of Thrones
- If you like medieval stuff like Knights and armies, Kings & Castles you'll love it, massive cast, great scenery, goes from snow to middle east scenery, yes Im hooked. I even just downloaded the books Entourage
- tried it but it seems aimed at younger people not old farts like me. So i gave it a miss.Ray Donovan
- a new one , were up to episode 4 .....Brilliant, love it, not quite as good as Breaking Bad imo but getting there, it could get better or worse of course, time will tell.Weeds
- not dead keen on this one but you may like it. Skint mother starts selling weed etc. a bit meh imoThe Bridge
- another new one, a body cut in half is found on a bridge that links America with Mexico, half the body is American the other half Mexican, so a cop from Texas teams up with a cop from Mexico (male & female) to investigate, obvioulsy illegal people smugglers, drugs are involved, its pretty good so far but not brilliant.Underbelly
- An Australian series based on facts about the underworld, drugs, prostitution etc, very good !
Theres a new one starting on Fox soon called Low Winter Sun
which looks good, starring excellent English actor Mark Strong
Ive downloaded 2 seasons of Madmen
and 2 seasons of Suits
, will let you know what I think (if you so desire )
Oh and Ive been told Rome
is good, but you have to like the erm Romans
Heres some more;http://theweek.com/article/index/246376/the-10-best-tv-shows-from-the-first-half-of-2013Top Of The Lake
is in that top 10, I liked it a lot, made in New Zealand, a girl goes missing etc etc, a bit slow but quite 'gripping'
I think all these are on netflix if you want to pay or as torrents if you dont.
PS, nearly forgot, House Of Cards
is a remake of the British series (Ian Richardson starred in it,) (his catchphrase was 'you may think so.. I couldnt possibly say) starring Kevin Bacon, thats really good as well, dirty dealings in the White House etc etc