Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - Octopus's garden

<< < (3/3)

nimrod:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on August 15, 2013, 11:36:18 AM ---I'd rate it an 8-10; it is ok if I hear it every 8 to 10 weeks or so.  Nice enough as others have said, but in no way have I ever searched this song out to have a listen, ever.  That to me tells me a lot.

I'm actually amazed at the responses from some of the die hard, usually strong opinion members.  I would have guessed that it would have been ripped apart some by a few of you.

--- End quote ---

I guess its like a typical Ringo song (like Yellow Submarine etc) we dont expect anything deep or earth shatteringly innovative, as George said he only knows about 3 chords (although there 4 in this) :D

Dcazz:
I think he was warming up for his solo career with all his big hits in the early 70's.

Dcazz:
I've listened to it a couple of times since this post came up and was pondering how good the musicianship is and I thought of a George martin statement that said." When you get one Beatle fine, two Beatles, good..... I bet when they recorded OG they all showed up for Ritchie and the magic happened. It is one slick recording !

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:
It is a fun tune. :)
I remember watching Ringo live and although everyone knew he will do Octopus's Garden, when he did sing it everyone joined in and smiles on their faces because its so iconically Ringo.
I find too that if I dont listen to this song alot and then I stumble upon it, I keep listening to it and it cheers me up. I never skip it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version