Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Favorite Woodstock Version

<< < (2/3) > >>

Klang:

All of these are nice. Can't choose just one. CSN&Y's rocks and the others are mellow. Nuttin' wrong with that.

:)

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Joost on August 19, 2013, 08:51:38 PM ---I dislike the Joni Mitchell and the CSN&Y versions, but the Matthews Southern Comfort version of 'Woodstock' is one of my all-time favorite songs!

--- End quote ---

I know I've heard this before but I must have forgotten about it. I really like it though. I like the video montage too. The very first face you see is Sandi, the girl from my hometown who was there!

Joost:

--- Quote from: In My Life on August 19, 2013, 11:08:50 PM ---I know I've heard this before but I must have forgotten about it. I really like it though. I like the video montage too. The very first face you see is Sandi, the girl from my hometown who was there!

--- End quote ---

Worldwide the Matthews Southern Comfort version was actually the most successful one: #1 in the UK, #5 in Canada, #23 in the US. The CSN&Y version was a US #11 but for as far as I know it didn't chart anywhere else.

In My Life:
I kept thinking there was something familiar about Iain Matthews' voice then I realized he did "I Don't Wanna Talk About It". It was new to me when my Pandora station started playing it. I like it better than Rod Stewart's version.

Hello Goodbye:
Yeah, well Crosby, Stills and Nash can still rock that song...

Crosby, Stills and Nash - Woodstock - Madison Square Garden, NYC - 2009/10/29 & 30

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version