Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - Two Of Us

<< < (7/8) > >>

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on September 03, 2013, 03:14:36 AM ---We knew as early as the fall of 1969 that The Beatles had broken up.  I remember reading Paul McCartney's interview in a November 1969 issue of LIFE magazine where he confirmed their breakup.

--- End quote ---
That's the article that first clued me in to any problems!

blmeanie:
I love that in the early electric version John and Paul share 3 or 4 sincere "fun" moments between them.  Despite the ill feelings at that point, there was enough still under the covers to fall back into the good parts of the relationship "by accident".

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on November 09, 2013, 12:44:22 PM ---I love that in the early electric version John and Paul share 3 or 4 sincere "fun" moments between them.  Despite the ill feelings at that point, there was enough still under the covers to fall back into the good parts of the relationship "by accident".

--- End quote ---

Right.  For a brief moment there they were a band, playing and goofing around like they did before they were fab.  They were having fun!

Casbah:
I wish they had made a full and proper rocking version of this, even as an outtake. A lot of times I find myself preferring the original intent over the polished version, even though this IS a very good song in its own right.  Hey we have multiple Revolution's, right?  glassesslip

I always thought the song was about 2 people, not anyone in particular. Coming from a songwriting point of view, sometimes you just think of events that might happen in someones life. Most likely, it's Paul and Linda but, perhaps reaching for or thinking of a line, McCartney might think of an event or an idea from his past, like the "You and I have memories" line.

So it might be a little of both.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: Casbah on November 16, 2013, 07:44:57 PM ---I always thought the song was about 2 people, not anyone in particular. Coming from a songwriting point of view, sometimes you just think of events that might happen in someones life. Most likely, it's Paul and Linda but, perhaps reaching for or thinking of a line, McCartney might think of an event or an idea from his past, like the "You and I have memories" line.

So it might be a little of both.

--- End quote ---

I'm convinced since quite a long time ago that your own interpretation of a lyric is the one that really matters to you, beyond the original intention of the songwriter. As John said about himself, the artist is just a medium.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version