Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - Two Of Us

<< < (2/8) > >>

Normandie:

I really love this song. It's so relaxing-sounding and, as always, I love the harmonies. I find it very soothing.

Ovi:
Even though not suitable at all as an album opener, it is an incredible song, full of emotion and beautifully delivered by John and Paul in close harmony, for one last time. It is about their relationship, even though egos were too big at the time for any of them to admit it (John's spoken beginning is nothing more than him trying to lighten up what he knows will be a sad and uncomfortable atmosphere).

I could never make up my mind whether this or the title track is my favourite tune off 'Let It Be'. The latter is better musically, but the former speaks more about what the album was really meant to be: nostalgic in concept, conservative in instrumentation and announcing an end that will inevitably come.

Kangaroo Kev:

--- Quote from: Ovi on August 30, 2013, 10:53:09 PM ---Even though not suitable at all as an album opener, it is an incredible song, full of emotion and beautifully delivered by John and Paul in close harmony, for one last time. It is about their relationship, even though egos were too big at the time for any of them to admit it (John's spoken beginning is nothing more than him trying to lighten up what he knows will be a sad and uncomfortable atmosphere).

I could never make up my mind whether this or the title track is my favourite tune off 'Let It Be'. The latter is better musically, but the former speaks more about what the album was really meant to be: nostalgic in concept, conservative in instrumentation and announcing an end that will inevitably come.

--- End quote ---

good post Ovi but I disagree with it not being a good opener, I think its perfect :)

Kangaroo Kev:
I really like what George does on the electric guitar on this track, I realy wish he'd done it on Pauls bass though that wouldve sounded better, an incredibly inventive bass line from George.

Ovi:

--- Quote from: nimrod on August 30, 2013, 11:33:22 PM ---good post Ovi but I disagree with it not being a good opener, I think its perfect :)

--- End quote ---

Nah, The Beatles always started their albums with a bang!. Just think about it, 'I Saw Her Standing There', 'A Hard Day's Night', 'Drive My Car', 'Taxman', 'Back In The U.S.S.R' etc. - all rockers. 'Get Back' would've been perfect as an album opener*. 'I've Got A Feeling' would've worked fine as well. To me, placing 'Two Of Us' at the beginning is the hypothetical equivalent of Sgt. Pepper starting with 'She's Leaving Home' or Revolver with 'Eleanor Rigby'.

*And Let It Be...Naked proves that Paul realized this as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version