Beatles forums > Songs

Song Of The Week - We Can Work It Out

<< < (2/6) > >>

tkitna:
Yeah, its an awesome song. I've always loved it and its one of those I never get tired of. Top notch tune.

oldbrownshoe:
Paul's run of 45s after this went - Paperback Writer, Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, (had a rest while John did All You Need Is Love!), Hello Goodbye, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude and Get Back.
Erm.....give that man a drink.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on September 20, 2013, 02:45:41 PM ---Paul's run of 45s after this went - Paperback Writer, Eleanor Rigby, Penny Lane, (had a rest while John did All You Need Is Love!), Hello Goodbye, Lady Madonna, Hey Jude and Get Back.
Erm.....give that man a drink.

--- End quote ---

The true A-side of the "Penny Lane" single was "Strawberry Fields Forever", at least in UK. It was a double A-side single anyway, but "Strawberry Fields" was intended as the virtual A-side.

John also had his good string of consecutive A-sides in 1964-1965: "A Hard Day's Night", "I Feel Fine", "Ticket To Ride", "Help!" and "Day Tripper".

In My Life:
I can honestly say I never had heard of the harmonium before this song. It's absolutely perfect here though. The line "life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend" is so simple but meaningful. I seem to always hear this song just when I need to remember that.

Ovi:
Love the song as well. I've always thought of it as a precursor to 'Hey Jude', thematically. The chorus is brilliant - the kind of melody that gets stuck in your head for hours after listening to it for the first time. Interesting that Wikipedia labels it as folk, as I've always associated it with the type of melodic pop Paul does best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version