Tommy Moore

Started by andaludia, Dec 19, 2004, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobber

Heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee's Johnny. With George in the background on their tour in Scotland. Johnny even adopted the Beatles shoes.

Bobber

Bill Harry

Appreciated Andaludias information. Here is what I have written about Tommy:

MOORE, TOMMY. A Liverpool drummer, he played with the Silver Beatles in 1960. The group had been performing without a drummer as the Quarry Men, but began changing their name and felt they needed someone in the drum seat. After Brian Casser had said that the name the Beatals was no good, they changed it to the Silver Beetles (also Silver Beatles) and, on Casser

pc31

and so we know at long last the end of moore...thanks bill we were wondering about this for quite sometime.....they were quite drummerless very often i heard...

harihead

Thanks, Bill!

Quote from: 1062Parnes didn
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

Quote from: 1062Appreciated Andaludias information. Here is what I have written about Tommy:

...They began playing with Johnny Hutchinson of the Big Three taking Moore

Bobber

Quote from: 284and so we know at long last the end of moore...thanks bill we were wondering about this for quite sometime.....they were quite drummerless very often i heard...

Another forgotten drummer: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-fifths/m-1126005532/

Bill Harry

Yes, the photos look as if they are from the Scottish tour and not the Wyvern Club audition.

Bobber

Quote from: 1062Yes, the photos look as if they are from the Scottish tour and not the Wyvern Club audition.

I think they are pictures from the Wyvern Club audition, Bill. Compare the backgrounds here on Chazz Avery's excellent site: http://www.beatlesource.com/savage/1960/60.05.10%20larry%20parnes/60.05.10larryparnes.html

Chazz used to post here for a while as well by the way.

Bobber

And who is the fourth guy on this pic (an update on Chazz's site):

pc31

maybe he was just a go for...you know go for more coffee or go for more ciggies.....

Casbah

You know, when you look at those pictures on the other site, and this is just my observation, wouldn't the FIRST picture look like it would be Tommy Moore? That guy looks like he's about 15 years older than the Beatles. And there is only one picture of him. The others show a much younger kid, and that would fit the description of Hutchinson. I also read Hutchinson was with the Cassanovas? (From the Spitz book).
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Bobber

Hi Casbah,
despite the fact that you have read the Spitz book (which is full of errors) I believe you are right. I'm pretty sure this is the Beatles with Tommy Moore, who arrived late for the audition and was temporarily replaced by Johnny Hutchinson.

Casbah

Actually,

This is the guy I thought was Tommy Moore.  And again, I'm only going by my own opinion and certainly not by any presumption of authority on the matter.

But when I look at this picture, I see a much older man, dressed completely different from the other Beatles.  As you are well aware, these are the two reasons given by Larry Parnes for not liking him.

The kid in the other picture, would seem to be a better fit for a band, more than likely to be a peer of the other guys, although dressed more conservatively...

But I guess until either Tommy or Johnny comes forward to help clear things up, we'll just have to keep guessing  ;D

"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Bobber

I believe it is confirmed by several sources that the guy in your picture is Johnny Hutchinson.