Other forums > Different Conversations

Your age

(1/12) > >>

Kangaroo Kev:
Why is it that some people don't want people to know how old they are - even people they've never met  ha2ha

a lot of my friends on facebook don't fill in the bit that says what year they were born, so you get a reminder that its somebody's birthday today but it doesn't say which birthday (only on about 20%)

I have to say that I notice its mostly the ladies who are shy of showing theyre age

Im always puzzled why though, is it something to be ashamed off ?

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: nimrod on January 21, 2014, 11:19:45 PM ---Why is it that some people don't want people to know how old they are - even people they've never met  ha2ha

a lot of my friends on facebook don't fill in the bit that says what year they were born, so you get a reminder that its somebody's birthday today but it doesn't say which birthday (only on about 20%)

I have to say that I notice its mostly the ladies who are shy of showing theyre age

Im always puzzled why though, is it something to be ashamed off ?

--- End quote ---

Yes. I think it can be a bit of fun sometimes playing up to the stereotype of being worried about how old y

Moogmodule:
Try again. Accidentally hit post too soon

I think a lot of it is people playing up to the stereotype of being worried how old they are. But some people do seem to take it too seriously. It overestimates how much people would care.

It might also be an overhang from when I was a kid and told it was rude to ask how old someone was. Made it a slightly taboo topic.

Personally Im happy for people to know how old I am. As long as they make suitable insincere comments about how young I look.  ;D

Kangaroo Kev:
I turned 61 in November

I don't care if people think Im old, that's their problem......Im bloody well proud to have made it to 61 ;)

If somebody asks me how old I am I usually add a few years (like 6 or 7) its funny when they say 'ohh you don't look it'

don't be ashamed of your age !!

Dcazz:
57, I like everything but the aches and pains! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version