A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Today in Beatles History  (Read 136398 times)

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
Re: Today in Beatles History
« Reply #520 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »

That's brilliant, thanks for that.

You see, bizarre though it may seem, I'm rather under the impression that reminding the world of this is a more valuable and enjoyable proposition than reminding the world of a dreary battle/war/conflict that is no doubt currently having an anniversary.

Mad, I know.

Hey, perhaps the powers that be 'don't want' to remind the world of this and prefer to push waging war as a natural condition. Makes new wars easier to market.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #521 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

I can only guess that faced with nearly ten years of Fifty Year anniversarys every three months or so there's no commercial sense in individually remembering each one with a release.
And while Ticket To ride is rightfully acknowledged as great in Beatleworld it's hardly passed into the public consciousness the way some other songs have.
don't follow leaders

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #522 on: April 09, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »

That's brilliant, thanks for that.

I'm glad you found that interesting OBS. I was wondering as I posted it if anyone other than yours truly would!
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #523 on: April 10, 2015, 08:47:12 AM »

And while Ticket To ride is rightfully acknowledged as great in Beatleworld it's hardly passed into the public consciousness the way some other songs have.

That's funny, isn't it? It's a great song, but the public somehow overlooks TTR. It's always the same lot that shows up on lists. There's a Beatles evening coming up in the place where I live. People can sing Beatles songs on stage with a karaoke machine or live band. It's always Let It Be, Blackbird, Till There Was You and Yesterday. No one ever sings You Can't Do That or even Ticket To Ride.  glassesslip

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #524 on: April 10, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »

From WogBlog:

Yesterday, the full version of the "Ticket To Ride" promotional film (ie music video) was uploaded on YouTube by The Beatles' official channel on the anniversary of the release of the single, sadly only in 480p quality. This is the second time this year they have uploaded a complete music video to celebrate an anniversary, on February 10 they uploaded the full "A Day In The Life" video. After it had been up around a week, they set the video mode to "private", thus disabling it for viewing. Expect the same to happen with "Ticket To Ride".
Is this a new trend? Is it a way of utilizing the promotional clips thay had assembled for the unrealised music video collection of last year?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Page created in 0.53 seconds with 27 queries.