Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Great examples of sequencing

<< < (2/2)

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on March 18, 2014, 03:02:56 AM ---My favorites will always be any two consecutive tracks in the Abbey Road Medley.

--- End quote ---

Agreed! The way those songs mesh is brilliant. I particularly like the segue from Mean Mr. Mustard into Polythene Pam.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Normandie on March 18, 2014, 12:57:50 PM ---Agreed! The way those songs mesh is brilliant. I particularly like the segue from Mean Mr. Mustard into Polythene Pam.

--- End quote ---

Right, Kathy.  I think the medley deserves a better and more descriptive name like "The Abbey Road Suite."

The Beatles - Abbey Road Medley (2009 Stereo Remaster)

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on March 18, 2014, 09:10:03 PM ---I think the medley deserves a better and more descriptive name like "The Abbey Road Suite."
--- End quote ---

That's how I've always thought of it. It's perfection! It always bugs me when they play just a part of it on Pandora. It's the only time I skip a Beatles number. I wish I could remember the term Dennis Mitchell used for it on "Breakfast with the Beatles" It's supposedly the way The Beatles referred to it.

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on March 18, 2014, 09:10:03 PM ---Right, Kathy.  I think the medley deserves a better and more descriptive name like "The Abbey Road Suite."

--- End quote ---

I agree; suite is a much better term.

Normandie:

Hmmm....This isn't exactly sequencing, but I love the fade-outs on the songs on The Who's Quadrophenia. I haven't listened to the whole album straight through in a long time, but was just listening to "Cut My Hair" and remembered all the other neat segues on the lineup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version