...between two tracks, within an album.
- The death-country mysteriousness of 'Long Black Veil' followed by Garth Hudson's Bach-on-cocaine introduction to 'Chest Fever' by The Band from the Music From Big Pink album. My favourite, a true hair-raising moment.
- The pulsating beat of 'I'm Waiting For My Man' breaking the celesta-induced trance of the dreamy 'Sunday Morning' within Velvet Underground & Nico.
- "I got blisters on my fingers!!" into 'Long Long Long'... goes without saying.
- 'Revolution 9' into 'Good Night'...ditto.
- '21st Century Schizoid Man' into 'I Talk To The Wind' - King Crimson's idea of a Hell-Heaven transition.
- the whole of The Dark Side of The Moon, Animals, The Wall and Final Cut because f*** it, there is no way I can pick only one moment. Pink Floyd were in their own league when it comes to these things.
- Neil Young's 'Running Dry' into 'Cowgirl In The Sand'. A shame that the second time he tried this (Needle and The Damage Done - Words), the effect was nowhere near as powerful.