A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The American Beatles  (Read 1601 times)

• A Thousand Pages
Re: The American Beatles
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 10:17:41 PM »

I don't know Kev, you seem to be doing the exact same thing that your blaming Joost for.  Joost says Brian Wilson is the best because he likes him the best.  I think you might be doing the same.  Your claiming that Lennon and McCartney were the best based on 21000 covers?  Is that the measuring stick to make something fact?  How many of those covers include sh*tty bands doing sh*tty covers of sh*tty Beatle songs?  A ton I would bet.  21000 covers doesn't automatically make them the greatest songwriters ever.  Yes they were great and they would have had to be to become the most popular band in popular music, but even if 'Yesterday' is the most covered song ever, is it really a better crafted song then tunes by Mozart, Bach, or Beethoven?  I'm sure Dylan, Leiber and Stoller, or Holland, Dozeir, and Holland have some better offerings too.  Theres just no sure way to say somebody is in fact the greatet songwriters of all time.  Its all a matter of opinion.

I was referring only to the Rock/pop idiom of which we were discussing in the thread, I wasnt including historical/classical/jazz, I was saying that no other writer comes close in terms of cover versions or sales, to me they were the greatest of their genre. Anyway its only my opinion   ;D

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »

I gotcha.  Its a conversation between you and Joost anyways and I shouldn't have butted in.  I just don't think there's any factual evidence to rule something like Best Songwriters, Best Musicians, Best etc,,.  Its all in what somebodys looking for.  Anyways, i'll let you guys get back at it.   icon_good

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:39 PM »

Sorry if I’m a little off topic, but I much prefer the original UK recordings, but still get sh*ts and giggles out of playing the N.A LP’s sometimes.  icon_king
Beatles music gives me Eargasms
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 43 queries.