Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Paul's albums

(1/15) > >>

Kangaroo Kev:
Some on here who read my drivel will know Ive never been overly impressed with Beatles solo stuff

Anyway Ive just been given mp3 versions of Pauls discography, every album he's made since McCartney, inc Wings, The Fireman.....everything...... so Im gonna listen to them all and when Im done Im gonna write some more drivel and tell you which I think is best......and worst

In the meantime, can you tell me which is your favourite, and why ?

Moogmodule:
I can't say I listen a lot to Wings. Actually some of my favourite work by solo Paul have been his more recent stuff

Flaming Pie
Driving Rain
Chaos and Creation

All have things that stack up. Although all the albums have their clunkers.

tkitna:
When you listen to them Kev let me know, maybe we can get back to the microscopes.

RAM - Closest to a Beatles album that any of the solo guys did. Fun with great song writing.
Flaming Pie - I consider this a comeback album from Paul. There's not a bad song on it in my opinion.
Chaos And Creation - Pauls mature album. An adult contemporary album instead of pop.
Back To The Egg - Pauls voice has never sounded better. I like everything on it.
Band On The Run - His classic, good album.

oldbrownshoe:
Paul's gem is 'McCartney'.

It's the one closest to the 60s (some of it was even recorded in the 60s), avoids the increasingly stodgy early 1970's production of 'All Things Must Pass' and 'Plastic Ono Band', and, as such, pretty much anything on it wouldn't sound out of place on the 'White Album'.

It also has a fabulous cover, wonderful photographs, and was released at a time (just) when vinyl LPs in Britain were still beautifully made.

If it had been made by an unknown (Nick Drake, Rodriguez, Anne Briggs etc.), on a desirable label (Harvest, Island, Deram, or even Apple!), in 1970, and not sold a bean, it would now been attracting bids of £3,000 on eBay, and wouldn't be viewed as just another 'Beatles solo' LP.

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: tkitna on June 20, 2014, 05:56:17 AM ---When you listen to them Kev let me know, maybe we can get back to the microscopes.

RAM - Closest to a Beatles album that any of the solo guys did. Fun with great song writing.
Flaming Pie - I consider this a comeback album from Paul. There's not a bad song on it in my opinion.
Chaos And Creation - Pauls mature album. An adult contemporary album instead of pop.
Back To The Egg - Pauls voice has never sounded better. I like everything on it.
Band On The Run - His classic, good album.

--- End quote ---

Actually yeah. Back to the Egg is good. I bought it when it first came out and listened to it a lot. Except for Rockestra which was a lot of great players to no good purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version