A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Who's the 5th Beatle?  (Read 16279 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mclen57

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 196
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2005, 03:45:22 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
No worries. Easy mistake to make. You won't be the first or the last. Nothing wrong with being keen. Thers a hell of a lot of banter/threads to get through on these forums. The same topic does tend to crop up from time to time.
;)

If you want to shift it over App, go ahead. Won't hurt my feelings.

Logged
Henry the Horse
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

lennonlemon

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1635
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2005, 03:50:53 PM »

mclen, if you want, I believe there is already a thread devoted to 'who's the 5th Beatle' or 'Best 5th Beatle.' perhaps you should make your opinion known on that thread and resurrect it for a bit.
Logged
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

An Apple Beatle

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5614
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2005, 04:06:45 PM »

Quote from: mclen57

If you want to shift it over App, go ahead. Won't hurt my feelings.


I'm afraid I don't have the skills or power to do that. You might have to do a copy n' paste job. I'm not sure where Al (The End) is at the mo. He would be the man to speak to. Theres no major harm done anyway. ;)

There is plenty of great old threads to dig through. A lot of new members at the moment so as LennonLemon says...It would be good to resurrect a few maybe?

Any Burt Jansch in your dad's Ragtime collection btw?
Logged
http://www.4sitemusic.com/studio
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

mclen57

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 196
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2005, 04:48:10 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle

I'm afraid I don't have the skills or power to do that. You might have to do a copy n' paste job. I'm not sure where Al (The End) is at the mo. He would be the man to speak to. Theres no major harm done anyway. ;)

There is plenty of great old threads to dig through. A lot of new members at the moment so as LennonLemon says...It would be good to resurrect a few maybe?

Any Burt Jansch in your dad's Ragtime collection btw?

I don't think so. My mom has the bulk of it. He mostly collected Jellyroll Morton, Scott Joplin among others. He also went after WWI songs and Gershwin, Cole Porter, Al Jolson and show tunes. I also got myself some of his Les Paul sheets. I didn't get everything though.
What sort of collectibles do you have? Don't tell me, the Butcher cover right?


Logged
Henry the Horse

lennonlemon

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1635
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2005, 04:54:37 PM »

Where in the world is Al?

Hurry up and come back from your holiday!
Logged
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

lennring

  • One And One Is Two
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2005, 05:13:50 PM »

well, i think george martin or mal Evans, i mean yoko didnt really contribute apart from howling at the end of a couple of beatles songs.
Logged
lalelalelal.....beatles rule! john lennon-1980

"double fantasy"

Paulsluv

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 1136
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2005, 06:02:44 PM »

George Martin!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

  • Guest
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2005, 07:41:07 PM »

George Martin for the music. Neil Aspinall for everything else.
Logged

An Apple Beatle

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5614
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2005, 08:14:52 PM »

Quote from: mclen57

I don't think so. My mom has the bulk of it. He mostly collected Jellyroll Morton, Scott Joplin among others. He also went after WWI songs and Gershwin, Cole Porter, Al Jolson and show tunes. I also got myself some of his Les Paul sheets. I didn't get everything though.
What sort of collectibles do you have? Don't tell me, the Butcher cover right?




I wish!!! lol

I'm not much of a collector like some guys around here. I've learnt many new depths of collectables since joining the forum and checking out ebay. I had no idea.

I have biographies, books, few souvenirs, watch, phone, calenders, song books, Anthologies CD&DVD. Plenty of CD's, not much vinyl and the PC disk with every album on. I think that sums me up. lol

Then theres the instruments but that's another day. lol
I would love to collect their ribbon microphones and their ancient vox equipment. Need to bring in a bit more cash for that kind of commitment. Now you got me dreamin of Rickenbackers, fender twins, Ludwig etc......h a zy  d ream....lol
Logged
http://www.4sitemusic.com/studio
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

mclen57

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 196
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2005, 10:01:48 PM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle


I wish!!! lol

I'm not much of a collector like some guys around here. I've learnt many new depths of collectables since joining the forum and checking out ebay. I had no idea.

I have biographies, books, few souvenirs, watch, phone, calenders, song books, Anthologies CD&DVD. Plenty of CD's, not much vinyl and the PC disk with every album on. I think that sums me up. lol

Then theres the instruments but that's another day. lol
I would love to collect their ribbon microphones and their ancient vox equipment. Need to bring in a bit more cash for that kind of commitment. Now you got me dreamin of Rickenbackers, fender twins, Ludwig etc......h a zy
Logged
Henry the Horse

adamzero

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1410
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2005, 02:47:21 AM »

I'd be tempted to put Billy Preston in as a fifth Beatle contender-at least for the Let it Be sessions--contributing key part to some of their most famous songs: "Get Back," "Let it Be," etc.  

Geoff Emerick probably deserves 6th Beatles status (one step behind George Martin).  
Logged

Indy_Ringo_Fan

  • One And One Is Two
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2005, 12:28:44 AM »

George Martin has got to be the fifth Beatle.

Close behind and those who deserve a lot of recognition are Neil, Mal, Geoff and Derek Taylor.
Logged

SieLiebtDich

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2440
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 12:07:57 AM »

George Martin BIG TIME! ;D
Logged

Mairi

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7886
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 12:22:29 AM »

I think we have a winner. :)
Logged
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

mclen57

  • A Beginning
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 196
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2005, 12:40:56 AM »

Quote from: Mairi
I think we have a winner. :)
Yeah! I never saw this coming! ;D I wonder who voted No 5th Beatle. I'd like to hear his reasoning.

Logged
Henry the Horse

Indica

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3130
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2005, 04:27:04 PM »

Thank god Yoko never got a vote!
Logged
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Joost

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5065
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2005, 04:52:15 PM »

Definately Sir George.
Logged

Joost

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5065
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »

Pete Best deserves to be on the list though.
Logged

The End

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8211
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2005, 11:45:26 PM »

During their interviews at the Beatle Convention in Liverpool this year, both Mark Lewisohn and Tony Barrow cited Neil Aspinall as the fith Beatle.

But, in my opinion you can only truly be classed as a fith Beatle if you were actually IN the band when there were five members - so that would be either Pete Best or more likey Stuart Sutcliffe. But that's just MY opinion! :)

raxo

  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10667
Re: Who's the 5th Beatle?
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2005, 08:36:11 PM »

Quote from: The_End
During their interviews at the Beatle Convention in Liverpool this year, both Mark Lewisohn and Tony Barrow cited Neil Aspinall as the fith Beatle.

But, in my opinion you can only truly be classed as a fith Beatle if you were actually IN the band when there were five members - so that would be either Pete Best or more likey Stuart Sutcliffe. But that's just MY opinion! :)

No, its not your opinion, its MINE...OK, its OUR opinion. ;)
Ive always heard that the guys were the Fab FOUR,... oh, maybe Ive dreamed ...and now "the dream was over" ;D
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
 

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 27 queries.