A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473]

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 272056 times)

ibanez_ax, Dcazz and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9440 on: March 28, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »

The break with the past in 1964 does seem more complete than subsequent big changes. The charts were suddenly full of inanely grinning beat combos. But I think that if you looked at the singles charts you'd never detect the other great upheavals such as punk, dance and hip hop. Maybe because in 64 everyone buying pop singles were of the same age but later there were enough mums and dads and older brothers and sisters buying records to keep the charts occupied by Shaking Sevens and Racey. rock had splintered and had so many different audiences that 1964 just couldn't happen again
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #9441 on: March 29, 2015, 02:27:00 AM »

Jerry Lee Lewis 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On' Steve Allen Show 1957 Extended

Jerry Lee and Dennis Quaid really did a great job recreating Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On thirty-two years later...

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Jerry Lee Lewis) From the Movie "Great Balls of Fire" (1989)

Thank you Dick Clark, Steve Allen and Perry Como for your courage in the 1950s...

Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes - Perry Como Show -1956
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #9442 on: April 01, 2015, 05:20:49 AM »

Oh, and Alan Freed too...

jerry lee lewis great balls of fire

Did he really set fire to the piano?  Jerry Lee explains...

Story how Jerry Lee Lewis set piano on fire and played it until burned down to upstage Chuck Berry

I can stay till it's time to go

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #9443 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »

Miss
Patrice Munsel...

That is all.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9444 on: April 10, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »

Just saw a t-shirt in a catalog that reads "When I Was a Kid, We Didn't Have Bottled Water — We Had a Garden Hose"

Fond childhood memories  :)

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9445 on: April 11, 2015, 05:25:38 PM »

Just saw a t-shirt in a catalog that reads "When I Was a Kid, We Didn't Have Bottled Water — We Had a Garden Hose"

Fond childhood memories  :)

I don't think I ever drank out of the garden hose. I did, however, try to eat frost off the inside of the deep freeze in the garage. I thought it was like the slushes we got at the Tastee Freeze.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #9446 on: April 11, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

Football.

It's April 11.....if you'd predicted the Premier League table as it now stands, clubs 1 to 20 in order, on the first day of the season back in August, the bookies would have given you minimal odds.

It's April 11.....if you can predict the top 8 of the league below, or indeed any league going down to clubs playing on the edge of hills with cows roaming the out-field, you're a genius.

And yet all the interest is in the predictable.
Funny, isn't it.

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9447 on: Yesterday at 03:00:57 AM »

I should never use my phone to type more than a few words at a time. My friend and I are going on a trip in a few weeks. I wanted to ask her if she'd mind being the driver. So predictive text sends "Would you miss me being the driver?" Then when I tried to fix it the dumb thing said "Would you make me a nematode?" No lie!
Kelley

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9448 on: Yesterday at 03:11:28 PM »

I should never use my phone to type more than a few words at a time. My friend and I are going on a trip in a few weeks. I wanted to ask her if she'd mind being the driver. So predictive text sends "Would you miss me being the driver?" Then when I tried to fix it the dumb thing said "Would you make me a nematode?" No lie!

ha2ha  I actually did laugh out loud at that, Kelley! The first thing I do when I get a new phone is turn off all the auto-correct functions -- it's just about the only thing I can do quickly on my device.

P.S. Hope you and your friend have a good trip!

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9449 on: Yesterday at 05:17:28 PM »

ha2ha  I actually did laugh out loud at that, Kelley! The first thing I do when I get a new phone is turn off all the auto-correct functions -- it's just about the only thing I can do quickly on my device.

I did too when it happened! The only reason I have this function on is that it makes writing my grocery lists really simple. But for any extended writing it's a pain. I don't feel like using it for every word when I'm trying to convey a thought but it gets angry if I ignore it!

P.S. Hope you and your friend have a good trip!

Thanks! It will be six hours of traveling to see a folk singer whose name I can't even remember off the top of my head! But my friend really likes her so I figured I'd ignore that whiny homebody voice that never wants to go anywhere! It will be great to spend time with my friend. She's one of those rare people I have left who has known me my whole life...and still can stand me! LOL
Kelley

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9450 on: Today at 03:02:45 PM »

Then when I tried to fix it the dumb thing said "Would you make me a nematode?" No lie!

I've been thinking....that's actually a pretty sophisticated word for an autocorrect/spell program! I had to Google nematode

It will be great to spend time with my friend. She's one of those rare people I have left who has known me my whole life...and still can stand me! LOL

I know what you mean. My daughters often jokingly threaten to embarrass me in front of my close friends here (in retaliation for all the times I have gleefully fulfilled my parental duty of embarrassing them, LOL). I told them there is absolutely nothing they could tell my friends that they don't already know about me.  ;D

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9451 on: Today at 03:54:17 PM »

I've been thinking....that's actually a pretty sophisticated word for an autocorrect/spell program! I had to Google nematode

Yeah, I don't know why it came up with that. It "learns" words that I've already used but I certainly have never put that one on my grocery list!
Kelley

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473]

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 27 queries.