Cocaine Blues

Rev. Gary Davis...

Reverend Gary Davis - Cocaine Blues

Bob Dylan...

Cocaine Blues 1961 "Robert Zimmerman"

Keith Richards...

Keith Richards - Cocaine Blues

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Normandie on June 11, 2013, 01:19:31 AM ---Thanks; it's good to be back! Been a crazy several months. I've missed you all.

--- End quote ---

Whew!  We thought you were lost in a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.   ;)

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: BeatleChick on June 11, 2013, 01:34:02 AM ---You're very welcome! Good to know you like him, too. He was one of the *greats*. I've been playing his albums all day long. There's nothing like listening to a bit of Wolf on a warm summer's day. Oooh... and great post! I love Cream's cover of Spoonful!  ;D

--- End quote ---
I got to see him a couple of times in the 70's! A friend if mine Harry Robbins aka, "The Blues Dink" had been stung in the ear by a bee when he was a kid so he couldn't listen to super loud music for too long and he loved the blues and it's lower volume suited his hearing. He exposed the rest of us to some great blues back then.

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on June 11, 2013, 12:00:20 PM ---I got to see him a couple of times in the 70's! A friend if mine Harry Robbins aka, "The Blues Dink" had been stung in the ear by a bee when he was a kid so he couldn't listen to super loud music for too long and he loved the blues and it's lower volume suited his hearing. He exposed the rest of us to some great blues back then.

--- End quote ---

Hesitation Blues

Rev. Gary Davis - Hesitation Blues

My teacher, Ian Buchanan, taught Jorma Kaukonen fingerpicking Delta Blues in the early 60's when they were at Antioch College.  This is from my lesson tapes...

Hesitation Blues - Ian Buchanan 1972

If those two hadn't met, we would never have gotten this...

Hot Tuna - Hesitation Blues - 1970

Brynjar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b6g2tG6ctBg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version