Currently listening to...

<< < (2323/2379) > >>

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 29, 2013, 06:37:28 AM ---Move It

Cliff Richard and The Drifters - Move it - 1958

Cliff Richard and The Shadows / Move It
Sir Cliff Richard   1958

--- End quote ---
Good song! I like the guitar work! Did any of those musicians have a career after the Drifters?

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on November 29, 2013, 05:32:03 PM ---Good song!

--- End quote ---

In the late 50s, he was Elvis' counterpart in Great Britain...

King Creole

Cliff Richard & The Drifters (King Creole). 1959

elvis presley - king creole

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on November 29, 2013, 05:32:03 PM ---Good song! I like the guitar work! Did any of those musicians have a career after the Drifters?

--- End quote ---

The Drifters changed their name to The Shadows in 1960.  Under contract with EMI, they had several #1 records in the UK in the early 60s.

Paul McCartney paid homage to The Shadows' lead guitarist, Hank Marvin, in his Coming Up video...

Paul McCartney - Coming Up-HQ

Hank Marvin went on to have a successful solo career and revived The Shadows more recently...

Hello Goodbye:
With A Little Luck

Paul McCartney and Wings - With a Little Luck 1978 Video stereo widescreen

There is no end to what we can do together.    :)

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on November 29, 2013, 05:32:03 PM ---Did any of those musicians have a career after the Drifters?

--- End quote ---

He was popular when I was a teenager...

"In 1976, the decision was made to repackage Richard as a "rock" artist. That year Bruce Welch relaunched Cliff's career and produced the landmark album I'm Nearly Famous, which included the successful but controversial guitar-driven track "Devil Woman" (Richard's first true hit in the US) and the ballad "Miss You Nights". Richard's fans were excited about this revival of a performer who had been a part of British rock from its early days." from Wikipedia

...but in spite of not having a "true hit" here in the US he must have been fairly popular. My older sister told me all about him and how much she liked him in the earlier part of his career. I don't think he was any match for the Beatles for her but she did get a little starry-eyed talking about him!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version