A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: The Grammys  (Read 505 times)

Wayne L.

The Grammys
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »

I didn't watch the Grammy Awards because I knew from the start that the late, great Ray Charles was going to win more than any other artist because it was so damn predictable. I think he deserved to win some Grammys for his posthumous album Genius Loves Company except not 8 but the overpraising by other artists was sickening.  John Lennon & Elvis Presley didn't get as much praise as Ray Charles has gotten after his death mainly because he's a black guy since it's politically correct in the media & don't call me a racist.  Even though Chuck Berry & Little Richard are the fathers of rock & roll as well as being black I doubt if they will get half the praise that RC has received.  I didn't have to watch the Grammys to know how cheesy & crappy the remake of the Beatles classic Across The Universe with Bono, Tim McGraw & Velvet Revolver for the tsunami victims would be. It's great that Brian Wilson finally won a Grammy after over 40 years in the business when the Beach Boys should have won long ago.  The members of Led Zeppelin receiving a Lifetime Acheivement Award is great while it's too bad they didn't get to perform on the show with possibly Jason Bonham or Zak Starkey on drums.  The Grammy Awards are a waste of time to be taken seriously giving Ray Charles all these Grammys which was hyped up for the Oscars & the Ray biopic movie along with Britney Spears winning one proving how worthless they officially are now.

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: The Grammys
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 09:27:44 PM »

the piece of my heart tribute wasnt bad
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 26 queries.