Beatles forums > The Beatles

How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?

<< < (167/167)

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on June 12, 2014, 04:17:54 AM ---It's interesting to hear from guys who were teenagers at the time and how the Beatles won them over despite the screaming girl thing.

--- End quote ---

The girls were basket cases, Moog.  If we showed them a picture of The Beatles, we'd get a response like this...

It was such good sport!    ;D

I liked The Animals better in 1964 and 1965...

The Animals - It's My Life (1965) HD & HQ

Yeah, they did the Sullivan thing too.  And Eric Burdon actually smiled for about two seconds...

Please DonĀ“t Let Me Be Misunderstood- The Animals

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on June 12, 2014, 04:17:54 AM ---True Kelley. Consolation is we're younger.  ha2ha

--- End quote ---

Yeah, well you'll be older too.

Normandie:

Welcome, SilverDollar. I so wish I could have experienced Beatlemania firsthand. I definitely would have been one of those screaming, crying, incoherent girls.  :)

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on June 12, 2014, 03:08:38 AM ---Welcome to the Forum, Silver Dollar.

You and I are contemporaries sharing a similar experience in early 1964.  The Beatles appealed to girls much more than they did to us.  I liked what I saw on The Ed Sullivan Show but I liked the rougher groups better like The Animals and The Rolling Stones.  But I knew there was hope for The Beatles when I heard John belt out songs like Twist And Shout, It Won't Be long and Money (That's What I Want).  ;)

By 1965, their music matured and I began to really enjoy The Beatles.  Rubber Soul is what clinched it for me.

--- End quote ---

Welcome..

Different for me, I saw their first tv appearance as an 11 year old in England and was completely hooked from that point on, John Lennon mesmerized me in particular, but George & Paul also to a slightly lesser degree
Ours was a very musical house, my Dad played piano & clarinet, and up to that point Id been a big fan of Lonny Donigan (Skiffle craze)
Ive loved them ever since that day as an 11 year old. I hounded my Mum for  a round collar Beatle Jacket and eventually got one  ;D

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on June 12, 2014, 04:17:54 AM ---True Kelley. Consolation is we're younger.  ha2ha

--- End quote ---

And you're even younger than me Moog!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version