Other forums > Different Conversations

Random Thoughts

<< < (1722/1813) > >>

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: In My Life on September 06, 2013, 05:52:32 PM ---You guys won't believe what I found the other night. A newspaper in Springfield Missouri had an article on their website about a man's military service. He was on the crew of a B-24 that my dad piloted! He mentioned Daddy by name, which was how I found it. I sent the author my contact info and she called him and got voicemail but will pass it on to him when he calls back. He's 93 years old and very sharp. I hope he calls me.

--- End quote ---
Wow, B-24 was a great plane. Took a lot of stamina to fly one though.
I worked with a guy that flew one, Steve Mayciak(?) in the 90's and boy did he have some stories. He flew on the first Ploesti raid and survived and later in Europe flew in actor Jimmy Stewarts outfit.
Do you have any pictures?

Dcazz:
Cleaned the fridge today! Took out all racks, shelves drawers etc... Turned it off for a few hours washed everything inside and out! Love it, nice and shiny clean!

In My Life:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on September 14, 2013, 10:25:42 PM ---Cleaned the fridge today! Took out all racks, shelves drawers etc... Turned it off for a few hours washed everything inside and out! Love it, nice and shiny clean!

--- End quote ---

That is a nice feeling. I'll need to do that soon, and vacuum the coils. We found out the hard way one Christmas Eve that too much dog hair on them can seriously impair the fridge's ability to cool.  roll:)

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: In My Life on September 15, 2013, 05:17:34 PM ---That is a nice feeling. I'll need to do that soon, and vacuum the coils. We found out the hard way one Christmas Eve that too much dog hair on them can seriously impair the fridge's ability to cool.  roll:)

--- End quote ---
True, That was done not too long ago. The oven is on clean mode now! It needs it bad. It's a good weekend to get the domestic stuff done as not much else is going on.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:
Guys! Guys! Guys! I have applied for a job, been through an interview and now I have been told they are doing a reference check... That's always a good sign!

Pray for me!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version