Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Paul is Dead: Story & Clues

<< < (71/81) > >>

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on October 15, 2012, 08:41:23 PM ---What about Batgirl?

--- End quote ---

Just slighty better. Just.

Hello Goodbye:
Well here's another clue for you all...

Magical Mystery Tour - Paul's Dead

smithee:
Hi everyone,

I've been a fan of this board for a while now, but this is my first post.  Sorry if this question has been raised before, but I haven't seen it.  It's just something I've always been confused about.

As I understand it, the whole "Paul is Dead" rumor started on a college campus in late 1969, then really took off when a Detroit disc jockey talked about it on his show in October of that year, followed by a NYC disc jockey later that month.

Now, one of the most famous (and obvious) "clues" is John's line in Glass Onion, "Here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul."  In at least one interview I've read, John said that he added that line in response to all the folks who were scouring the albums and songs for clues that Paul was dead and had been replaced by a double.

But the White Album came out in 1968, a full year before the rumor started and people started looking for clues.  So what was John responding to? 

Don't get me wrong.  I don't for a second believe Paul is dead, and I don't mean to imply that the Beatles really were placing clues in their music.  This is just something I've always been confused about, so I thought I'd ask the good folks on this board for help.

Klang:

Good question. Dunno.

???

Ovi:
John just got his thoughts mixed up probably. My guess is that he wrote the song - just like 'I Am The Walrus' - as a "take that!" to the fans who over-analyze everything, including the whole walrus concept.

I wouldn't read too much into it, honestly.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version