Beatles forums > Songs

Love You To

(1/5) > >>

Harlena McStarkney:
This is something that has always bothered me.

Did Deorge mean "Love You Too", like maybe he was absent-minded and confused "too" with "to", or did he put it that way by accident; maybe he was writing the title down and someone interrupted him, and he never got around to adding that last "o" there? Or, is there a whole word missing, like maybe he was going to title it "Love You To Death" and got interrupted and never wrote the last word, or what? Drives me NUTS!!

:
Beyond offering expensive therapy for you I can only offer the following reasons.  :-)

Love You To.

To what?  Whatever you want.  Open ended.

And George was famous for having a harder time with song titles than any other part of the  process.

Or, for Taxgirl, he'd 'love you to'.  I imagine she can fill in the blanks.  ;-)

Bruno:
yes, that's true, I heard that George always had problems with naming the songs.

Harlena McStarkney:
I didn't know he had problems with grammar as well...

:
I believe that if it was a John song no one would think twice, since he was well known for wordplay.  Obviously George too was playing around.  I wouldn't think for one minute he didn't do this on purpose (as opposed to making a grammar error).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version