A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: History Of The Eagles  (Read 253 times)

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
History Of The Eagles
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »

I really don't like the Eagles, but I saw this on Netflix and watched for some reason.  It wasn't bad, but there was one part where a producer said they submitted 'Hotel California' as a single and it clocked in at around 7 minutes.  The record company said to shorten it and they refused.  The producer said it was the first time a single has ever been that long.

Anybody ever hear that story before?  Hmmm

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
Re: History Of The Eagles
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:25:36 AM »

I saw that documentary on Showtime a couple of years ago, Todd.  I remember something like that being said but I didn't pay it much heed knowing that Hey Jude was over 7 minutes.  The story about the on stage friction between Glenn Frey and Don Felder was interesting.
I can stay till it's time to go

• Getting Better
Re: History Of The Eagles
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of the Eagles either but love Hotel California, it recently came into the forefront for me, came across a version live from a few years ago (they were old, yes). 

i do like Don Henley solo work and while you can argue over best parts of Hotel, to me a drummer that can sing lead is pretty cool to watch.

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 27 queries.