Pete Townshend - Empty Glass
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush
Neil Young - Harvest
Ramones - End Of The Century
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: Ovi on November 08, 2013, 03:06:08 PM ---Pete Townshend - Empty Glass

--- End quote ---

Do you like that album Ovi? I prefer any album by the Who from 1965 to 1978, but in my opinion that album is better than Face Dances. I think it was a pretty solid debut for Pete as a solo artist.

Ovi:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on November 08, 2013, 03:31:49 PM ---Do you like that album Ovi? I prefer any album by the Who from 1965 to 1978, but in my opinion that album is better than Face Dances. I think it was a pretty solid debut for Pete as a solo artist.

--- End quote ---

I actually got that one just yesterday! I did give it a listen and liked a few things, but it served more as background music, as I was working on an essay at the same time. It's nice to hear that you like it more than 'Face Dances', though I don't know just how much of a compliment is that, since FD is probably the most un-Who Who album ever released...

But I'll give it a few more listens in the near future and come back with more opinions.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: Ovi on November 08, 2013, 03:39:40 PM ---I actually got that one just yesterday! I did give it a listen and liked a few things, but it served more as background music, as I was working on an essay at the same time. It's nice to hear that you like it more than 'Face Dances', though I don't know just how much of a compliment is that, since FD is probably the most un-Who Who album ever released...

But I'll give it a few more listens in the near future and come back with more opinions.

--- End quote ---

I actually like Face Dances though it's not a favorite, but you're right, the sound is not very Who. I still think that It's Hard is much worse. But don't expect to find plenty of Who-like music in Empty Glass, you'll find that just at moments ("Rough Boys"; title track; "Gonna Get Ya").

Ovi:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on November 08, 2013, 04:22:18 PM ---I actually like Face Dances though it's not a favorite, but you're right, the sound is not very Who. I still think that It's Hard is much worse. But don't expect to find plenty of Who-like music in Empty Glass, you'll find that just at moments ("Rough Boys"; title track; "Gonna Get Ya").

--- End quote ---

'It's Hard' is by no means a good album (the fact that Pete called it "great" in his book really came as a shock), but at least it's got 'Eminence Front', which I really like. It's a got a very decadent, distant and paranoid atmosphere that probably resembled Townshend's state at the time and I really dig that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version