How much of a Beatles fan are you?

Started by Sun King, May 11, 2004, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Very obsessed (though I prefer to say "passionate"). I have to have each and every solo album, I'm a big Group/Solo bootleg collector, etc....

Rowdy

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1084308943,s=45 date=1090145924]Very obsessed (though I prefer to say "passionate"). I have to have each and every solo album [/quote]

I have almost all of them thanks to the wonders of file sharing (although I own releases on cd from all of them, including both Lennon boxed sets). Don't tell the RIAA.  :P
Downloading "Thrillington" as we speak....I'm basically only missing the post Goodnight Vienna/Pre Time Takes Time, Ringo albums along with Sentimental Journey..I don't have any of the nonstandard Paul albums either (Family Way, classical stuff, ambience/techno)...but I'll keep trying until I find 'em.

We should rank all of the studio albums in a thread.....that would definitely be interesting....would take some time to go through it all though. But I'm obssessive enough to sort them.  ;)

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

An Apple Beatle

Learnt guitar with the 101 Beatles busker songs (Mostly on the toilet! lol). Loved them since I was 5. Own every Beatle album. Not so interested in the solo stuff that I would have to buy every solo album but currently mastering The Abbey Rd. Medley from Mr. Mustard - The End as a special part of a Beatle show I'm putting on soon.. Tremendous satisfaction! Could harmonise to their songs forever.
Obsessed enough to hit the top D-note in 'Oh Darlin' and grow a macca beard just for 'I've Got A Feelin'
They came, saw and conquered!
I'd say they are my favourite band although I love soul/funk and other stuff to.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

QuoteI have almost all of them thanks to the wonders of file sharing (although I own releases on cd from all of them, including both Lennon boxed sets). Don't tell the RIAA.

I won't tell, but I'm kind of diasappointed in you, Rowdy! :)

I listen to them already 6 years (and i'm 15)...i'm very opsessed

They're definitely my favorite band, and I credit them for opening the door for me to greater musical riches. Without them, I would've never discovered Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, or even jazz greats like John Coltrane and Miles Davis.

number14

since ive came to this forum, ive gotten more obsessed with the beatles, i dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing.

Paul McCartney :)

Indica

Im a Huge fan.
Listen to their music at least once a day, and just feel they are the definative band.

I see the Beatles and music as two seperate entity's.
They really are that good.
Espcially when you start to look from a musical perspective.
Saying that from a musical, Fashion, Art, Opinion, style etc..they hit the top on everyone.

Listening to other bands such as Cream, the Smiths etc, are great..but the Beatles..are just in a totaly different league.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Mairi

I'm very obsessed. But then again, I do have a tendency to obsess over anything I love. Just ask anyone who knows me.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sadie4

I'm very very obsessed with the Beatles. can't stop thinking about them any time of day. I woke up thinking of them and JOHN and thinking abut which CD to take to accompany me on my way to work. Then, at work I listen to the radio on the hopes of getting a Beatle song. Then, back home, to the internet to find things about them! Lol, uff, lots of things!!
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Lenny Pane

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1084308943,s=54 date=1091471275] I listen to the radio on the hopes of getting a Beatle song. !![/quote]

try listening to virgin radio they play alot of beatles most day

It's scary I'm obsessed to the max

HFleen

obsessed? guess so...enough that I run a forum on the Beatles too!

;-)

Herb
============================
www.thebeatlesforum.com
"Love, love me do..."

Billy Shears

the theme music to my life, in the background at all times, not obsessed, but my life would have no audio track if there were never any beatles....once you like them, it's kinda like you know them personally...sort of the way people talk about their sports teams " we kicked their butts" as if you were there playing....if it's an addiction, then i don't want no cure
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Sadie4

[quote by=Mr_Kite link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1084308943,s=55 date=1091526234]

try listening to virgin radio they play alot of beatles most day

[/quote]

I'm afraid that's impossible here in Spain... Howver, I tune in a Spanish station that every now and then plays a Beatle song. Not to bad!
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!