A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why did Jimmy McCulloch leave Wings?  (Read 26198 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Why did Jimmy McCulloch leave Wings?
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 05:27:52 AM »

Jimmy has been branded with the tag "heroin user" but he didn't use heroin nor did he use needles.  He died of cardiac arrest due to CNS suppression caused by acute morphine poisoning (overdose) but he didn't use morphine either.  He had no needle marks (tracks).  The morphine level in his blood was massive and not one a user, even a casual user, would have taken.  Draw your own conclusions but please don't slam Jimmy.

He died of morphine poisoning, but you state he never used morphine.  Are you coming here stating that he was murdered?  If not, I'm not sure what the hell your trying to get across.

There's an awful lot of claims over the years that he was a heroin user.  Usually when it sounds like a duck, its a duck.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »

Jimmy was "a bit unknown" primarily in the United States.  He was very well known in Europe and hugely popular in Japan.  He wasn't really the "perfect fit" for Wings.  It seemed a good opportunity at first, a chance to go some good touring and play large venues with a name musician who would draw crowds but the tight control Paul had over all aspects was stifling. 
I think people forget how incredibly uncool Wings were in the seventies. McCulloughs joining of the band showed an astonishing lack of ambition and imagination by a young guitarist thought to have had a bright future. In an age when guitarists were still highly regarded as artists as important as any front man, to become a jobbing player on a wage for Paul Bloody McCartney was career suicide. As far as his credibility was concerned he might as well have joined ABBA's backing band, or taken a job at the bank.
If McCartney didn't treat him right then I have no sympathy. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:54:03 PM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 05:15:05 AM »

I don't know, when you're that young and you get an offer to play with a revered rock God and tour the world, you don't say no. At least I wouldn't.
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 27 queries.