A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 6682 times)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2016, 05:38:54 AM »

So they always invent an external enemy to distract the attention and hide the true enemy of people.

You're talking now about Russia  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »

You're talking now about Russia  :)

Hey Dmitry
On our last cruise the Russians in Vladivostok were much more welcoming than the Chinese, I  don't think Chinese people like tourists very much

I liked Vladivostok there was a really nice fun fair near the beach, lots of families happy & friendly

It's funny but most of my life another obsession of mine has been the books of John Le Carre,  in particular the George Smiley novels, Tinker Tailor etc

I couldn't stop thinking as I walked the streets of Vladivostok about  Karla and the mole in the Circus ha2ha

Dmitry: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=17057.msg330705#msg330705
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:20:32 AM by Dmitry »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #322 on: November 17, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »

Just saw a joke about Trump, where he says about people who recieve money for protests against him: You see, I'm not yet a president, but already create jobs.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »

Sorry, couldn't stand  ;D
(remember I don't like Putin )

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »

Now, I don't know what "snowflake"means in British slang. I assume it's an insult.

Let me help you understand, Kelley.  It's not British slang.  Another term is "cupcake."  These are descriptive terms for people like this group of kids at Framingham State University who were traumatized when they saw a Confederate flag sticker on a student's laptop computer...

These kids demanded counseling services and, amazingly, the college provided counseling for them.

I shudder to think of these kids' reaction if they were to see the videos of Christians being beheaded, captured pilots being burned alive in cages, or execution by means of the Khazouk (look it up if you dare).

I see a big future in psychotherapy.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »

Let me help you understand, Kelley.  It's not British slang.  Another term is "cupcake."  These are descriptive terms for people like this group of kids at Framingham State University who were traumatized when they saw a Confederate flag sticker on a student's laptop computer...
 . . .

These kids demanded counseling services and, amazingly, the college provided counseling for them.

I shudder to think of these kids' reaction if they were to see the videos of Christians being beheaded, captured pilots being burned alive in cages, or execution by means of the Khazouk (look it up if you dare).

I see a big future in psychotherapy.

Oh, brother! You make a good point, Barry. I read after the election that the University of Iowa (I think it was Iowa) set up "crying rooms" for students who were upset about the election results. Give me a break. If one of my kids did that I'd be tempted to yank them out of college for a semester or two. Either that or give them a swift kick in the pants. Maybe both.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2016/1116/Iowa-bill-named-Suck-it-up-Buttercup-seeks-to-stop-student-coddling

Thanks for clarifying "snowflake"; I wasn't sure what that meant, either.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:06:04 PM by Normandie »

nimrod

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2017, 12:43:02 AM »

Ah well, at least Kelley knows what she is now

roll:)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2017, 01:58:02 AM »

I don't think Kelley is easily traumatized, Kev.

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2017, 01:59:49 AM »

I don't think Kelley is easily traumatized, Kev.

I was just typing a reply on the same order as yours, Barry. If Kelley is a "snowflake" (I've lost track of the context in which the term was used in this thread), she's a steel one -- kind of like a steel magnolia: beautiful and very strong.  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2017, 02:08:03 AM »

Give me a break. If one of my kids did that I'd be tempted to yank them out of college for a semester or two. Either that or give them a swift kick in the pants. Maybe both.

You know how to be a good mom, Kathleen.

We certainly didn't have "crying rooms" and "safe places" when I went to college.  When we had something to say, we took to the streets.  Sometimes things got a bit out of hand...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_9OJnRnZjU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_9OJnRnZjU</a>

The whole world is watching!

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2017, 03:05:11 AM »

You know how to be a good mom, Kathleen.

Thanks, Barry; I try.

We certainly didn't have "crying rooms" and "safe places" when I went to college.  When we had something to say, we took to the streets.  Sometimes things got a bit out of hand...

Wow; that was an intense video. I assume those clouds are tear gas?

nimrod

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:43 AM »

:-\

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2017, 03:32:40 AM »

^^^^

That pretty much sums it up! For American teens, at least.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »

Wow; that was an intense video. I assume those clouds are tear gas?

Yes, that was tear gas.  Not very pleasant.  We used to soak bandanas in water and tie them around our heads to cover our mouths and noses.  But our eyes were exposed and it hurt.  So did those clubs.

By the early 70s I was a "movement medic."  I wore a red cross armband and had a musette bag slung on my shoulder so I could administer first aid.

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
« Reply #334 on: January 10, 2017, 03:56:06 AM »

I was just typing a reply on the same order as yours, Barry. If Kelley is a "snowflake" (I've lost track of the context in which the term was used in this thread), she's a steel one -- kind of like a steel magnolia: beautiful and very strong.  :)

Thank you, Kathy; those are very kind words. I did find out the definition for "snowflake" shortly after my post. What I'm finding, though, is that it's morphing into an insult to be hurled at anyone who expresses an opinion that's not far right, at least in the comments section of every article I've read online recently. Now this is a snowflake:

<a href="https://youtu.be/_Med86wVCSI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://youtu.be/_Med86wVCSI</a>

LOL
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #335 on: January 10, 2017, 05:24:38 AM »

^

Yeah, he was doing alright with his argument until he started crying.  But I don't think the term snowflake started out as a political persuasion insult but rather as a term describing the over-protected youth of today who react emotionally to views not consistent with their own.  Yes, the term took on a political meaning during the 2016 election year.

You were right, Kelley, when you mentioned how each snowflake is unique.  Today's youths have to realize that they are not special and unique and get with the program.  I don't see how these particular kids are going to survive in this world which can be cruel at times.  And snowflakes didn't evolve just recently.  We had 'em back in the 60s too, but we had a different name for them then.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »

Just thought about my son, for whom the greatest tradegy in life is to go to Kindergarten. So much despair and tears! But why? Just because he didn't get used to, because he has his comfort zone, and because feelings prevail over reason.

Normandie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »

^^^^

Aww, that's so cute, Dmitry!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Page created in 0.867 seconds with 27 queries.