A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: Ringo Starr : solo artist  (Read 1329 times)

Wayne L.

Ringo Starr : solo artist
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:55:56 AM »

I think Ringo Starr is one ofthe greatest rock dummers of all time even though he's highly underrated for some reason while as a solo artist he has had the most ups & downs after the breakup of the Beatles but he has picked himself up with his All Starr Band which goes without saying.  I have listened to some of Ringo's solo albums but not all of them while I would say that his greatest hits compilation Blast From The Past is his finest as a solo artist which isn't too usual considering it has all his classic gems from It Don't Come Easy, Back Off Boogaloo, Photograph & my personal favorite No No Song.  Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy are three of the worst albums by a former Beatle & in the history of rock & roll without a doubt which weren't too impressive since he seemed lost as a solo artist & in his legend at the time even though A Dose Of Rock & Roll is a great song kind of similiar to his early 70's classics.  I'm looking forward to listening to Beaucoups Of Blues, his only solo masterpiece Ringo & Goodnight Vienna when I get the chance along with his recent albums Time Takes Time, Vertical Man & Ringorama but his live box set with his All Starr Band which was released about 2 years ago is what I'm looking forward to listening to the most & his latest live album 2003.
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ringo Starr : solo artist
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 10:09:19 AM »

Ringo came out with a live box set of his All-Star concerts? I'm not sure I would really want to hear the same songs rehashed by a bunch of different artists over and over on three or four discs, but then again, I havent looked it up to see what the song lists were either.

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
Re: Ringo Starr : solo artist
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 03:24:16 AM »

on a clear day you can see detroit.........
well its saturday night and i just got paid

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 41 queries.