A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Thank you!

Author Topic: Beatles reunion  (Read 33 times)

Moogmodule and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

• A Thousand Pages
Beatles reunion
« on: Today at 10:33:14 AM »

In 1975 it seems from this interview that John would've gone along with a reunion, I wonder what people think about this, should it have happened ? could it have happened ? and what do you think wouldve been the outcome ?

Personally I wouldve loved it, some of those solo songs with the others on them wouldve been great, thats my biggest gripe with the solo stuff, its missing the others

! No longer available
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatles reunion
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:55:54 AM »

I doubt a reunion would have challenged the heights they achieved in the 60s. But I think it would have easily surpassed most of their solo stuff.

I guess the question is, if they had, where would have it ended. Would have they dragged on into the 80s ( assuming in this alternate history John remained unassassinated) I'm glad that they didn't peter out like so many bands. They had a definined endpoint and, except for the Threetles stuff in the 90s, left their legacy as it was.

That all said I'm sure an album or two in the 70s with the pick of their solo songs getting the Beatles treatment would have been a good listen.

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:38:15 AM »

Hindsight is too easy to say it never would have worked.  All the nitpicking and disagreements would have quickly come back and would have blown up even bigger.

Bingo Bongo

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:43:35 PM »

Ya, they were living worlds away from each other.  It would have been just a quickie, like the threetles were, and they would have moved on their separate ways again.  Perhaps they would have appeared on each others albums more as guests!

I think it ended as it should have, they were a 60’s Band.  ;yes
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 27 queries.