A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Joost's mailbox  (Read 11036 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Joost's mailbox
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 07:14:04 PM »

No worries - sorry it took so long! :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »

So, this is the year Joost is coming, eh?

http://www.joost.com/

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »

It's even trademarked.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »

Quote from: 483
So, this is the year Joost is coming, eh?

http://www.joost.com/

Nice name!  ;D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 01:50:53 PM »

Quote from: 56

Nice name!  ;D

Fame at last!

Or infamy ;D

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 07:35:58 AM »

Any news from your date-to-be?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:09 PM »

Your mailbox, rescued from the depths of despair!

Don't know if you have Neil Diamond's 'Delirious Love' with Brian Wilson on backing vocals? I'll upload it for you, if you haven't. Let us know.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

I've heard about it, but I haven't heard the song yet. If you could upload it, would be cool. Thanks!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

By the way, I always wondered, why 'Biscuit Power'? I figured it had something to do with the Beach Boys, but can't work out what.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »

Congratulations on moving to a new house, Joost! So your dream or plan has realized!  :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 08:20:55 AM »

Quote from: 483
By the way, I always wondered, why 'Biscuit Power'? I figured it had something to do with the Beach Boys, but can't work out what.

Sorry I missed this one.

Biscuit Power is a great, goofy song by one of the best hardcore punk bands of all times, Gorilla Biscuits. It was more or less their 'theme song'.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 08:21:39 AM »

Quote from: 1393
Congratulations on moving to a new house, Joost! So your dream or plan has realized!  :)

Thanks! And to answer your question from the random topic:

Nope, still single.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »

I also wanted to offer you my congratulations about your new house!  I hope you will love living there.   :)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 06:22:41 AM »

Yes, I also would like to say congratulations to you. Also, did you know there is an iPhone application called Joost?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »

kglgl
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:25:51 PM by fendertele »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check this mailbox very often.

I won't be home for the next couple of evenings and I don't have a sound card at work, but I'll check it out ASAP!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »

Awright man ive did a little cover of BB Surfer girl its only a snippet but let me knwo what you think i dont usually dont the vocals but thought id give it a go ;) http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5464536809

I finally listened to it (sorry, I forgot).

My honest opinion:
I think the recording could've been a bit tighter and the lower vocals sound a bit out of tune, but the 'Brian Wilson part' (the highest vocal) sounds GREAT! Very sweet. You seriously have a great voice in the upper regions.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 08:47:38 PM »

hey thanks man thats good to hear as im planning on maybe doing some high vocals in my band and wasnt sure if i could cut it, yh the timing is all over the place as i did the acoustic guitar first without a beat and then tried to add drums to it later abd realised it sped up and slowed down all the way through lol

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 01:29:56 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/explorersclub

What do you think of this group? Their music is very heavily Beach Boys influenced, but I'm not sure if I like it on its own merits or simply because it really sounds like The Beach Boys.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »

I read a very promising review of this band a while ago but forgot to check them out, so thanks for reminding me! I don't have sound on this computer so I can't listen to it right now, but I will ASAP.

This was the review:
It's been a long, dry spell since I've heard any artist who consistently and competently manages to capture the magic of The Beach Boys in modern-day music. But now, like rain descending on a scorched desert, here comes The Explorer's Club, and their album Freedom Wind, which is everything I could've wished for in a Beach Boys album, tribute or otherwise. The band, which consists of Jason Brewer, Jimmy Faust, Dave Ellis, Wally Reddington, Stefan Rogenmoser, and Neil Thomas, tap into the zeitgeist of Brian Wilson and Co. so completely, so coolly, that with just a little tweak of the imagination, it's not hard to imagine the second coming of The Beach Boys while listening. It's not just that the band strives so hard to capture the sound of the sixties in their production touches, it's how successfully they grasp the feeling of the times - the innocence and decadence - startlingly shown in the juxtapositions of "Honey, I Don't Know Why" with its turbulent growl nicely offsetting the sweet, Wilson-esque "Don't Forget The Sun" which is so sweet and easy that you'd swear it's a lost track off The Beach Boys' *Friends*. Or the very cool, stripped down harmonic acrobatics of "Lost My Head," which sounds as if it came from the trippy Smiley Smile sessions. In fact, half of the fun, and the joy of listening to Freedom Wind is pinpointing exactly which album The Explorer's Club is emulating, and they do it so well - "Do You Love Me" has the dry, synthesized whine found on Love You before morphing into something sweeter and hookier on the chorus; or the Pet Sounds instrumental "Summer Air" which glides by so serenely and perfectly that it's become one of my favorite tracks on the album. This is a band who "gets" Brian Wilson in the same way the Wondermints do - triple threats who can write, sing and play original music just like The Beach Boys would've in their prime; and that's saying a whole bunch. I've just fallen in love with these guys - a superb, near-perfect album.  Also available as part of their first digital download single is a bonus track, "Carry On", which sounds like something Dennis Wilson might have penned for his Pacific Ocean Blue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.544 seconds with 27 queries.