A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who buys Ringo's albums  (Read 34 times)

Pothos and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Moogmodule

• Getting Better
Who buys Ringo's albums
« on: Today at 09:01:47 AM »

I'm a great admirer of Richie. He suffered unnecessary challenging of his considerable drumming talents, partly I suppose because people had to pick on the Beatles about something and he was an easy target.

I do wonder though; who actually buys Ringo's records? While John, Paul and George all have admirers for their work, Ringo never established himself as a songwriter or even vocal interpreter of any note. He's had some good tunes in his time but hardly enough to develop a dedicated following.

I noted that, according to Wikipedia, Ringo's last studio album, Ringo 2012, sold less than a thousand copies in the UK and only a few thousand in the US. Figures many Indie acts would probably giggle at.

So I'm wondering if there's anyone around who gobbles up Ringo's studio work as eagerly as some look for rare George solo demos or Paul's experimental excursions.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: Who buys Ringo's albums
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:09:20 AM »

Beatles fans buys Ringo Album ;D ;sorry 5dp

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:12:28 AM »

I have All his Studio Records only Except few the Best Of Compilations

« Last Edit: Today at 10:14:10 AM by Badgirl66 »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:04:46 PM »

I dont actually like Ringo's style of music or his singing, I just dont find pleasure in listening to him, therefor Ive never even heard a Ringo album, only his singles.

He's a great drummer though

Sometimes I get annoyed at Paul playing drums on Beatle records, he never was as good as Ringo and the Beatles had a great drummer so Paul should have stayed away from the kit, I think it only served to undermine Ringo when Paul elected to play drums on some songs and to my mind he should never have done it, but Paul always fancied himself as a one man band so he did it, I always thought his drumming was sloppy and loose though.

Anyway I veered off topic there, no Ive never bought Ringo's records.
"I have always thought in the back of my mind.... cheese & onion...."

Moogmodule

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:40:20 PM »

I'm the same Nim. I've liked the odd single and I admire his drumming (and yes, Paul should have stayed in front of the kit) but can't find a reason to want to listen to more than a bit of him singing. And I quite like a lot of Beatle solo stuff.

I think what he's doing with the live act is a great thing for him. It suits what he does best.

Judging by his album sales recently we're not Robinson Crusoe in this.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:13:19 PM »

Sometimes I get annoyed at Paul playing drums on Beatle records, he never was as good as Ringo and the Beatles had a great drummer so Paul should have stayed away from the kit, I think it only served to undermine Ringo when Paul elected to play drums on some songs and to my mind he should never have done it, but Paul always fancied himself as a one man band so he did it, I always thought his drumming was sloppy and loose though.

I don't think there were too many of those, Kev.  Dear Prudence, Wild Honey Pie, Back in the USSR, The Ballad of John & Yoko and Why Don't We Doi It In The Road? come to mind.  Ringo walked out on a few of the White Album Sessions which might have contributed to that.

And I'm one of those who feel that I'm Looking Through You was all Paul.
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.804 seconds with 27 queries.