A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt  (Read 11095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

raxo

  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10667
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »

Quote from: 185
I've had enough of this place. I'm off for awhile. All this fighting is just boring. I don't know if some of you see the oppotunity of using the net to play tough guy. I've always conducted myself the same way as I would if I was sitting across a table from you. Maybe it's stupid of me to expect that of others - or if some of you do behave like this in the real world - then you have my sympathies.
This just isn't fun anymore. It's like listening to bickering children.
I agree ... "All this fighting is just boring" and "I've always conducted myself the same way as I would if I was sitting across a table from you" too!!! ... but please, don't leave us, Kevin ... we need your point of view sooo much!  :'(
Logged

  • Guest
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2007, 01:11:30 PM »

Quote from: 185
I've had enough of this place. I'm off for awhile. All this fighting is just boring. I don't know if some of you see the oppotunity of using the net to play tough guy. I've always conducted myself the same way as I would if I was sitting across a table from you. Maybe it's stupid of me to expect that of others - or if some of you do behave like this in the real world - then you have my sympathies.
This just isn't fun anymore. It's like listening to bickering children.

I am coming to a similar conclusion. This place is going down hill rapidly.

Logged

The Swine

  • Getting Better
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 729
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »

Quote from: 297
I agree ... "All this fighting is just boring" and "I've always conducted myself the same way as I would if I was sitting across a table from you" too!!! ... but please, don't leave us, Kevin ... we need your point of view sooo much!  :'(

you dont realize your part of the bickering?
Logged
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

harihead

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2339
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »

I'm sorry to see you go, Kevin. I have enjoyed our debates.

I completely understand your recent disgust. I have begun checking in only once a day, because I can't take the petty bickering and name-calling. I want to discuss the Beatles, not be treated to someone's crude idea of an insult. I'll keep checking back, however. I think there are enough strong members here that the forum will get back on track. I certainly hope so. It is a unique resource on the internet, the only board where I could be assured I could have an intelligent discussion on a topic. I hope we get back to that soon.

Best wishes.
Logged
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Flaming Pie in the Sky

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2023
    • Gone Troppo
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2007, 03:10:16 PM »

I don't know what's happening to this place...
Kevin I didn't know you personally, but your posts were always truthful and right to the point.
Hope you'll come back one day.
Logged

Bobber

  • Administrator
  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13490
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »

Come on Kevin, I'm here. I can't miss you being online on the early European working days.
Logged

Kevin

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5432
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »

Cheers mate. I hung out as long as I could
Logged
don't follow leaders

Bobber

  • Administrator
  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13490
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »

Did you enjoy yourselves? Good to see you online btw.
Logged

The End

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8211
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »

A VERY warm welcome back mate!

"That's better Johnny. You know I miss you. Ever since the club split up, I miss you. We all missed ya... you miss 'im? yea. The Beetles missed ya. All the Beetles missed ya. Come on Johnny, let's you and me go inside and have a beer..."

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

  • Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4030
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »

You are back! That's great news!  :)
Logged

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

Quote from: 185
I hung out as long as I could

Welcome back. Did a runner myself but got homesick.
Logged

Bobber

  • Administrator
  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13490
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2007, 02:30:58 PM »

Quote from: 483

Welcome back. Did a runner myself but got homesick.

Don't tell me you missed the rubber duck.
Logged

BlueMeanie

  • Guest
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2007, 02:32:28 PM »

Quote from: 63

Don't tell me you missed the rubber duck.

I'm very attached to that little fella.
Logged

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

  • Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4030
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »

Hey Kevin, I have always wondered who/what is on your avatar?
Logged

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Kevin

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5432
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »

Quote from: 596
Hey Kevin, I have always wondered who/what is on your avatar?
It's a reconstruction of a neandertal head, without the guess-work hollywood hair and beard. (I'm into this kind of thing.) (cavemen, not heads).
I wish I could scan the pictures, but there was a recent story about a neandertal find in Gibralter. The Telegraph (boo) showed a picture of them as club-wielding redheaded brutes (the traditional view), while The Times (horrah!) showed a sitting crosslegged chap  looking like Rodins The Thinker (the new view). The point is that neither side can prove their own conclusion or disprove the others. Same facts - two vastly different conclusions. It's not what you're looking at but how you look at it that counts. That turns me on.
Logged
don't follow leaders

Kevin

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5432
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2007, 04:55:42 PM »

I'm off to sunny Sardinia for a few days.
Dreading it actually. Being kept awake by the constant sound of waves lapping on the beach, the glare of the moonlight on the sighing ocean, having to search through endless quaint seaside cafes everytime I want a smoothie or a coffee, trying to make sense of endless italian seafood menus, working out what wine goes with lobster....life is hell.
Logged
don't follow leaders

An Apple Beatle

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5614
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2007, 12:05:36 AM »

Happy travels Kevin...I shall be relatively close-by in Rome on my brothers stag do. ;)
Logged
http://www.4sitemusic.com/studio
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kevin

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5432
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

I'm going to the Public Records Office next week to do some family history. Thought I'd look up to see what papers are held on The B's, and will have a quick look (a monatorium of 50yrs exists for most - so there's probably more))

- 1964 Foreign Office "Press report of alleged mistreatment of members of the Beatles at HM Embassy function in Washington DC"  
-1965 FO "Mexican Reactions to "Beatles" honours"!!!!!
-1965/68 Customs "Seizure on importation of two long-playing gramophone records awarded to the popular music group The Beatles"
-1966 FO "Visits to Japan; Beatles pop group"
- 1967 Treasury  "papers relating to purchase of island of Aegos, Greece and five unnamed offshore islands"
-1968 Met Police "papers relating to arrest of John Winston Lennon and Yoko Ono Cox on 18th October 1968 for drug offences"
-1970 - MET "the London Art Gallery, New Bond Street, London W1. Case dismissed. Contains witness statements and photographs of the lithographs of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in sexual contexts which caused considerable controversy."

There's sh*tloads on the Apple lawsuits, but I'll save those for another day.
Logged
don't follow leaders

harihead

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2339
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »

Ooh, good luck with the Public Records Office. Family history is always interesting, and the Beatles are sort of like family... :)
Logged
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

The End

  • That Means a Lot
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8211
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: kevins' kollosal korrespondence krypt
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2007, 02:32:23 PM »

Quote from: 185
I'm going to the Public Records Office next week to do some family history. Thought I'd look up to see what papers are held on The B's, and will have a quick look (a monatorium of 50yrs exists for most - so there's probably more))

- 1964 Foreign Office "Press report of alleged mistreatment of members of the Beatles at HM Embassy function in Washington DC"  
-1965 FO "Mexican Reactions to "Beatles" honours"!!!!!
-1965/68 Customs "Seizure on importation of two long-playing gramophone records awarded to the popular music group The Beatles"
-1966 FO "Visits to Japan; Beatles pop group"
- 1967 Treasury  "papers relating to purchase of island of Aegos, Greece and five unnamed offshore islands"
-1968 Met Police "papers relating to arrest of John Winston Lennon and Yoko Ono Cox on 18th October 1968 for drug offences"
-1970 - MET "the London Art Gallery, New Bond Street, London W1. Case dismissed. Contains witness statements and photographs of the lithographs of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in sexual contexts which caused considerable controversy."

There's sh*tloads on the Apple lawsuits, but I'll save those for another day.

Are you allowed to take copies of any of these documents?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
 

Page created in 0.687 seconds with 26 queries.