A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Sondra's Mailbox  (Read 14849 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Sandra's Mailbox
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 03:53:22 AM »

Some pics of my school:

The "Secret Garden." Don't ask.

Our "Field of Dreams." Corny name for a field!

Our library.

PAC Center.

Garden behind science center.

And the best for last! One of our Brotherhood shows from a couple of years ago. Guess what they're singing. I'm actually in one of the port holes. Heh.
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 03:54:34 AM »

Quote from: 218
You need to post on here more often... I don't even care if you are an American, I still like you.  :P

How'd I miss this post? You're pretty cool yourself. For a Canadian that is... (grin)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 04:35:03 AM »

Your school looks impressive!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 04:59:54 AM »

None of that stuff was there when they first hired me. Just the Secret Garden. Now they're in major debt! Which I'm sure reflects in our salaries.  :(

BTW, I just clicked on that Bob Dylan link again to remind myself what it looked like and almost gagged! It really is disturbing! But hysterical. I just sent it to a few Dylan fan friends of mine. Don't know why I didn't think to do that before! Heh.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:10 PM »

Hey, how yr doin Sandra?  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 01:27:41 AM »

Quote from: 614
Hey, how yr doin Sandra?  :)

I'm doing great! Now that conferences are over! Hope your ankle is feeling better!!

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »

In regards to your bookshelf...I can see why they all think you're obsessed. That's OKAY!! I'm just glad I'm not a teacher, because I'd probably over do it and drive the kids off the walls with Beatles what-not. On the other hand, I could help cultivate the next generation of Beatles-freaks!
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 02:26:54 AM »

Nice school, Sondra.  I'm not sure what the "Secret Garden" is all about, but I like the "Field of Dreams."  It's not at all corny to me when I think of where I spent my recesses in the elementary school I went to in Queens, NY.  They let us out on the roof!
I can stay till it's time to go

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 04:33:51 AM »

Quote from: 59
Nice school, Sondra.  I'm not sure what the "Secret Garden" is all about, but I like the "Field of Dreams."  It's not at all corny to me when I think of where I spent my recesses in the elementary school I went to in Queens, NY.  They let us out on the roof!

You see, now that sounds so cool to me. Up on the roof. But I've always longed to live in the city. Whenever I look at old pics of my dad in Brooklyn playing ball in the asphalt park or hanging out on the stoop, I just think, how cool that must have been. I used to love going to Brooklyn and Manhattan. Just the whole feel of it.  I don't need a lot of green. I'm definitely more of a city person. I even loved it when the El would go by my sister-in-laws walk up and shake the entire place. I don't know what it is about that city, but I've always just loved everything about it.

BTW, the school I'm in now is in complete contrast to my last school when I worked for L.A. Unified. Our "yard" consisted of pavement and a huge locked chain linked fenced surrounding it. Not one inch of grass to be found. Pretty pathetic! Think: Boyz in the Hood type neighborhood. L.A. is ugly. When you walk outside of my school, the neighborhood is run down and kinda yucky. Which is why they call it the Secret Garden. You would never expect it to be in the middle of all that crud.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:36 PM »

Quote from: 216

I'm doing great! Now that conferences are over! Hope your ankle is feeling better!!

:) thank you. i defintly need medical attention at the moment  :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »

You see, now that sounds so cool to me. Up on the roof. But I've always longed to live in the city. Whenever I look at old pics of my dad in Brooklyn playing ball in the asphalt park or hanging out on the stoop, I just think, how cool that must have been. I used to love going to Brooklyn and Manhattan. Just the whole feel of it.  I don't need a lot of green. I'm definitely more of a city person. I even loved it when the El would go by my sister-in-laws walk up and shake the entire place. I don't know what it is about that city, but I've always just loved everything about it.

BTW, the school I'm in now is in complete contrast to my last school when I worked for L.A. Unified. Our "yard" consisted of pavement and a huge locked chain linked fenced surrounding it. Not one inch of grass to be found. Pretty pathetic! Think: Boyz in the Hood type neighborhood. L.A. is ugly. When you walk outside of my school, the neighborhood is run down and kinda yucky. Which is why they call it the Secret Garden. You would never expect it to be in the middle of all that crud.

So, it was about 90 kids on the roof, four stories up.  The girls would be skipping rope and playing Paddy Cake.  The boys would be playing punchball and ring-a-levio.  Lots of collisions with the girls!  And a lot of rubber balls punched over the fence and down to the street below.  What a scene!

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »

Just imagining that scene makes me laugh!  ;D
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »

:)

The girls took it all in stride and maintained a sense of humor about it all.  We would try to avoid them, but sometimes you just had to make that catch!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 12:34:50 AM »

BTW, the school I'm in now is in complete contrast to my last school when I worked for L.A. Unified. Our "yard" consisted of pavement and a huge locked chain linked fenced surrounding it. Not one inch of grass to be found. Pretty pathetic! Think: Boyz in the Hood type neighborhood.

Wow, that school sounds just like my old elementary.  (I'm a product of the LAUSD.)  It was old and crappy and the main bathrooms were always dark and dirty.  What was even more fun was that we were located in the heart of the LA riots back in the early '90's....... :o

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »

HelloGoodbye's story reminds me of a song:

06iKj7o8p9g
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »

Quote from: 59

So, it was about 90 kids on the roof, four stories up.  The girls would be skipping rope and playing Paddy Cake.  The boys would be playing punchball and ring-a-levio.  Lots of collisions with the girls!  And a lot of rubber balls punched over the fence and down to the street below.  What a scene!

Just so long as none of the girls where thrown over the roof. It's all good.  ;)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 02:49:04 AM »

06iKj7o8p9g

I love that song! Very apropos too.  8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 03:31:55 AM »

Just so long as none of the girls where thrown over the roof. It's all good.  ;)
Well, Sondra, there was a chain-link fence on the retaining wall all around the roof.  The girls were safe, the rubber balls weren't.  But we were gentlemen.....if we knocked a girl over, we would help them up.  Sometimes we ran off with the jump rope, but we would give it back....eventually.  If it was a group of girls playing Paddy Cake, we would often join the game for a bit, reciting our own (uncensored) rhymes.

As the adage goes:  "Boys will be boys."

:)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 03:33:37 AM »

06iKj7o8p9g

I love that song too, Mairi.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Sondra's Mailbox
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:56 AM »

Some more pics of my Beatles shelves. The collection keeps growing!

I've gotta take a close up of the John drawing a kid did for me a few years ago. He wrote on it: Give peace a chance, that's all I'm saying." For some reason, I find that hysterical. Sounds like something a New York mafia guy would say!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:16:25 AM by Sondra »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.705 seconds with 27 queries.