A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: tangerine's box of mail  (Read 8121 times)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
Re: tangerine's box of mail
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 05:02:31 AM »

Argh, haven't been here in a while and missed your birthday!  :B

Happy (belated) birthday tangerine!! (party)
Hope you had a great day, and will have a wonderful year!  ;D

I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 05:13:15 AM »

Yo! Happy (BEATLEated) Birthday!!!!! Hope you had a good one! Good luck in all you, do present future and... Happy b-day to you!  ;D

*I just realized... I'm older than you... muhahahah! (devil1)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2007, 06:11:22 PM »

BONJOUR!

I havent been on here for a while because I was at a hippie festival/camp thing for a couple of weeks but am back now  :D

BIRTHDAY MESSAGES! You are all so sweet but there is a problem- very embarassingly it hasnt been my birthday at all- my Birthday is on the 8th December! I just spent a puzzled 10 minutes trying to work out why the forum was saying my birthday was the other day and I realised that I put on my profile '08/12/89' because I thought it was the day THEN the month but it is in fact the month THEN the day so it was as if it was actually the 12/08/89 !!!  :B :-/

I feel really quite silly now- it has been like that since I joined! I just assumed the order went day then month then year! I have changed it to be correct now!

Thanks so much to all the people who posted birthday wishes- it's making it feel like my birthday even though it isn't my birthday! Love to you all, I love the posted pictures too!  :) (harihead, that George/Kermit pic is absolutely hilarious! Never seen it before)

Hope you forgive my stupid and embarassing mistake- hah it all confused me so much!

Heres my favourite beatles picture of the moment to make up for it...

:) you're all stars
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »

So it wasn't even your birthday!  :o
Haha 8)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

I take it all back now! And you missed mine! ;)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2007, 10:25:09 PM »

we'll just call that your unofficial birthday then Tang! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »

unofficial birthday- cool :)

maybe you could all ignore me on the 8th of Dec when it really IS my birthday?

Bluemeanie, I MISSED YOURS!? when was it??!  :o I don't understand how you know when people birthdays are- is it meant to say it on their profiles? I need to sort out my computer skills- I only just realised you can do a 'recent posts' search and have been missing loads of threads anyway. And now I've just been away for a couple of weeks so I'm more confused than ever and trying to vaguely catch up on what I have missed lol

Can someone just reassure me though- you do usually put the day THEN the month down when writing your birthday right? I feel like such a fool  ??) :-/
<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2007, 11:22:01 PM »

Quote from: 553
my Birthday is on the 8th December! I just spent a puzzled 10 minutes trying to work out why the forum was saying my birthday was the other day and I realised that I put on my profile '08/12/89' because I thought it was the day THEN the month but it is in fact the month THEN the day so it was as if it was actually the 12/08/89 !!!  :B :-/

Thats a classic one!!!!!  ;D ;D  ;D (thumbsup)

how was the camp?

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

Quote from: 596

Thats a classic one!!!!!  ;D ;D  ;D (thumbsup)

how was the camp?

haha!  :B

The camp was really really good! Pretty bad weather at times but theres nothing like sipping cider round a camp fire and staring up at the sky looking for shooting stars (of which there were loads!). I go there each year you see, and meet up with the same friends each time so it was really good to see them again  :) So what's new with you, K_E?
<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2007, 11:07:14 PM »

um, & it's not a very nice date in the Beatle Calender is is? :'(

Mine's 2 days before your's Tang, on the 6th December!
so, a fellow Sagittarius then! :D ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »

Quote from: 614

um, & it's not a very nice date in the Beatle Calender is is? :'(

Mine's 2 days before your's Tang, on the 6th December!
so, a fellow Sagittarius then! :D ;)

yay sagittarius indeed!  :) Apparently we are supposed to be dynamic and charismatic and love travelling..! From what I've heard anyway.

And a sad date indeed  :'( I've always thought it was a bit weird that I was born precisely 9 years after his death. Plus my Mum nearly did a John and had me born on her Birthday (10th Dec) but I was 2 days earlier than expected. Hmm strange things!  :)

<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 04:14:56 AM »

The camp was really really good! Pretty bad weather at times but theres nothing like sipping cider round a camp fire and staring up at the sky looking for shooting stars (of which there were loads!). I go there each year you see, and meet up with the same friends each time so it was really good to see them again  :) So what's new with you, K_E?

Cool stuff man! Me on the other never liked camps... had sort of bad experience in them...   :( But your camp sounds great! What's new with me? Had my exams (mocks) - did pretty well in them (even stats!!!!  :o). Guess what? Dr Who is back to NZ! Yaynesss! I actually got the whole family to watch it with me  8)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »

Cool stuff man! Me on the other never liked camps... had sort of bad experience in them...   :( But your camp sounds great! What's new with me? Had my exams (mocks) - did pretty well in them (even stats!!!!  :o). Guess what? Dr Who is back to NZ! Yaynesss! I actually got the whole family to watch it with me  8)

YAY Doctor Who overseas- it should happen more often! Which series are they repeating then? Glad you are roping more people in to the oh-so-addictive life of the Doctor :) Congratulations on your mocks! Eww you took stats- I wouldn't touch it with a plastic fishing rod! Good for you though  ;D
<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2007, 05:02:56 AM »

Yes, lots of people feel your way towards stats... Gee, i wonder what you'll say when you heat i take accounting... (dont like it thought... )

Dr Who- we had The Runaway Bride and this sunday it should be the episode where he meets Martha Jones. I love him. My loves his snickers- seriously she was talking only about his snickers after the movie finished... ::)

I see that you have changed your avatar... are we undergoing a Lennon phase? ;)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2007, 12:57:36 PM »

Hello there tangerine, how's everything going? almost back-to-school time isn't it? Or are you going to start at uni this year?

Yes, lots of people feel your way towards stats... Gee, i wonder what you'll say when you heat i take accounting... (dont like it thought... )

... and I wonder what you'd say when you hear that I'm majoring in accounting and... *takes a deep breath* and I like it...  :B

My loves his snickers- seriously she was talking only about his snickers after the movie finished... ::)

Hehe, I think K_E forgot the "Mum" in "my ___ loves his sneakers"  ;) [size=9](K_E's already sleeping, so I took the liberty of clarifying...)[/size] It's true though - Mum loved those sneakers  :D
But yeah, Dr Who is back in NZ  :) There was even an article in the Sunday paper about David Tennant. Hehe, Catherine Tate was funny in The Runaway Bride. I wonder what the Doctor's new companion will be like...

By the way, tangerine, do you happen to know why he's called the Doctor? Is that because when there's "something wrong" somewhere in the universe, he fixes it and "makes it better"?
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »

Dr Who- we had The Runaway Bride and this sunday it should be the episode where he meets Martha Jones. I love him. My loves his snickers- seriously she was talking only about his snickers after the movie finished... ::)

awhhh the shoes yes the shoes! tis quite unusual to wear converses with a suit... but then the Doctor is a bit of an unusual person! I love the shoes  8)

I see that you have changed your avatar... are we undergoing a Lennon phase? ;)

A bit, yes! I have been listening to rather a lot of his music lately and it kind of rubbed off on my avatar  :)

Quote from: 610
how's everything going? almost back-to-school time isn't it? Or are you going to start at uni this year?

... and I wonder what you'd say when you hear that I'm majoring in accounting and... *takes a deep breath* and I like it...  :B

Yep nearly back to school :( Summer has gone FAR too quickly but it has been probably the best summer of my life overall- so I would say things are going pretty good! Less than a year of school to go though, then I can at last get to uni- I literally cannot wait! In fact, I have been really slow at sorting out uni stuff so today I was frantically booking open days and such like in a huge fluster!

Majoring in accounting!!! ... I'll tell you what I'll say, I'll say 'YOU'RE MAD!' but mad in a very good way  :) I never got on with numbers of any kind- not mathematical numbers, not scientific numbers... nah it's English all the way for me!

Quote from: 610
By the way, tangerine, do you happen to know why he's called the Doctor? Is that because when there's "something wrong" somewhere in the universe, he fixes it and "makes it better"?

I'm not sure why he's called the Doctor! I guess what you suggested must be right. And as far as I know it is a general timelord thing to be called 'THE ____' like the other timelord is called 'The Master'. There may be an interesting in depth reason behind his name though- I would love to know if you ever find out!  :D

<br />

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2007, 01:41:55 AM »

No, we can't do that!  We'll just have another reason to go to a party party!
I can stay till it's time to go

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2007, 12:33:18 PM »

Heya tangie. You'll be happy to know that Blackpool is starting here from tommorow! Yayness!

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

^ woohooo! great news! - let me know what you think of it! It gets a lot better as it goes on. I remember not being particularly impressed by the first couple of episodes but then it really took off  :) It's great that David Tennant gets to use his Scottish accent in it!

Edit: RIGHT can someone please let me know: am I using mailboxes all wrong? I get the impression I am. After having a snoop around other mailboxes, it seems you reply in the OTHER person's mailbox? really?! Because I have been using mine like a thread- like if someone says something in my mailbox I have been replying to them in MY mailbox. But am I meant to post my response in THEIR mailbox?! I hope I haven't been being incredibly selfish by posting everything right 'ere! Well if anyone could let me know I will gladly change my ways :D
<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »

We saw the 1st ep- its very nice! A real David with a real scottishness- now aint it something!!!!! And the other david's good too. I like it  ;D

As for your EDIT. Its your mailbox. If you want to reply in it-do it, if you want to reply in the other persons mb- do it, There are no rules as far as posting is concerned because if there were it wont be fun (according to John L)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.467 seconds with 26 queries.