A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: tangerine's box of mail  (Read 8088 times)

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
Re: tangerine's box of mail
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 02:14:51 PM »

HI TANGERINE
Guess who`s got a new scanner printer joby ?
Thats me with the cheesey grin at READING 81

Wallflower Has Blossomed
GEMM is your best source for impossible-to-find !

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »

WOW!  ;D that's excellent!! Who was performing at that Reading? I love that every single bloke has long hair  :) Are the other people some of your friends then? Ahh I would have loved to have gone to earlier festivals when it was all a bit less commercial and more about the music (I assume this was the way it was?)
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

In the picture, pointing at the camera is Paul [ chalkey] white , then me [ mr kite] then Jill [ can of pop in hand i think], then Christine [ an angel] the guy with the kinks t shirt , i cant remember his name , the photo was my buddy milesy, there was a lot of us there just not all in the pic .
Steve Hackett [ex genesis] , Gillian , wishbone ash , The Enid , The Kinks , Rose Tattoo, Girls School , thats all i can remember really , it was my first Festival, i loved it   8) , and yeh it was all about the music .
Wallflower Has Blossomed

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »

Hey tangerine! :)

I thought I would post some pics for you...and I think you would be glad to know...you got me hooked on Dr.Who  :D

Sorry my computer is working that great...I'll post the others later :D

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »

Quote from: 668
Hey tangerine! :)

I thought I would post some pics for you...and I think you would be glad to know...you got me hooked on Dr.Who  :D

Sorry my computer is working that great...I'll post the others later :D

excellent!!!!! I'm so glad you have discovered the wonderfulness of Doctor Who- have you seen more episodes now then?

I love the picture! Complete with the specs and the screwdriver! What a legend the Doctor is  ;D
<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

Well...here they come on every Friday at 9...so I always tune in....so far I have seen just 4....The Runaway Bride...the first episode Martha was in....The Shakespear Code...and one about New New York....

The picture is very nice  ;)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 05:29:29 PM »

cool! Theres even better episodes yet to come so keep watching  ;D And if you can ever catch some of the episodes from the year before (with Billie Piper as Rose) then a lot of them are reeeeally good- and the Doctor (still played by David Tennant) is kind of more happy and up-beat and generally really funnier in a lot of it  :)

I can't resist but put another pic up:

or two!  :)

<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

hehehe :D

yes, I wanted to rent the series before....so I could get caught up.... it is a good show....he's pretty cute as well ;)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »

For You Tangerine...I like his eyes in the last one...

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2007, 07:51:32 PM »

eeeee! Lovely pics  :) He definately does have good eyes

He looks good in tux:

Nearly as good as he looks in a kilt haha:

ahhh well I'm glad you have discovered Doctor Who and David Tennant- my favourite actor of all time  :)

<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »

Kilt... :Bheheh ;D

He is veryattractive as Dr.Who....and very good in a tux....

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »

Hey tangerine, I've got a poster of your signature  :D

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »

Quote from: 687
Hey tangerine, I've got a poster of your signature  :D

wow really?! where/when did you get that? I never knew it existed on posters- I love it so much though it's so colourful and...beatley!  :)
<br />

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2007, 09:33:11 PM »

I got it at a music store that actually carries merchandise of good bands  :)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »

sounds good! was it expensive? I think I need a bit more Beatle decoration in my room- I havent got any posters. At the moment it is just a good few Beatle postcards and a Sgt Pepper calendar! (and a healthy shelf of beatle books, CDs, vinyls etc.) I need more wall-space!!  ::)
<br />

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »

Hi Tangie! Long time no see... how's life? I see the Dr Who is the theme... so what is your fave episode? Mine's Tooth and Claw and the Girl in the Fireplace.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2007, 01:41:37 AM »

'ello there tangerine! I don't think I've ever been in your mailbox before...
*looks around*
hmm... wow, very nice, very cozy... and nice decorations of course!  :)

So how are you? I heard from a reliable source (namely, you in another thread!  ;D) that you went to see LOVE... wow!! How was it? Must have been an amazing experience...  :) And how was the rest of your trip?

Oh yeah, speaking of Dr Who...

Quote from: 553
cool! Theres even better episodes yet to come so keep watching  ;D And if you can ever catch some of the episodes from the year before (with Billie Piper as Rose) then a lot of them are reeeeally good- and the Doctor (still played by David Tennant) is kind of more happy and up-beat and generally really funnier in a lot of it  :)

To be honest, these are the only Dr Who episodes I watched (ie the ones with Billie Piper as Rose). And I agree, the Doctor was quite funny in those!
I think David Tennant is quite a good actor... saw him in some other films/series too.
Haha, K_E will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the way we discovered Dr Who was that K_E saw David Tennant in Harry Potter 4, and really, really liked him  ;) ... so then when the "new" episodes of Dr Who came along (we've never seen the "older ones"), K_E suggested that we watch them. And we did. Except then it started clashing with my ju-jitsu classes and I missed quite a lot of episodes... including both of K_E's favourites!  :-/ But I liked the ones I saw... sort of a humourous sci-fi...
So, how many "new" episodes (ie after Billie Piper) are there so far? Are they good?

Hope you don't mind me rambling on in your box...  :B
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »

Quote from: 596
Hi Tangie! Long time no see... how's life? I see the Dr Who is the theme... so what is your fave episode? Mine's Tooth and Claw and the Girl in the Fireplace.

Oooh the Girl In the Fireplace! My all time favourite episode I reckon- I absolutely love it  :) But it's so so sad but I find it absolutely hilarious when he comes into the tardis with the sunglasses and tie around his head spinning around and making that crazy speech about bananas  :D

My favourites are probably that one and the 2-parter that finished the Rose series- even though that is really sad too, what with Rose and the Doctor being forever seperated  :(

And life is good thanks- just finished college for summer so I am freeeee!  ;D And how about yourself?  :)

Quote from: 610
'ello there tangerine! I don't think I've ever been in your mailbox before...
*looks around*
hmm... wow, very nice, very cozy... and nice decorations of course!  :)

So how are you? I heard from a reliable source (namely, you in another thread!  ;D) that you went to see LOVE... wow!! How was it? Must have been an amazing experience...  :) And how was the rest of your trip?

I think David Tennant is quite a good actor... saw him in some other films/series too.
Haha, K_E will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the way we discovered Dr Who was that K_E saw David Tennant in Harry Potter 4, and really, really liked him  ;) ... so then when the "new" episodes of Dr Who came along (we've never seen the "older ones"), K_E suggested that we watch them. And we did. Except then it started clashing with my ju-jitsu classes and I missed quite a lot of episodes... including both of K_E's favourites!  :-/ But I liked the ones I saw... sort of a humourous sci-fi...
So, how many "new" episodes (ie after Billie Piper) are there so far? Are they good?

Hope you don't mind me rambling on in your box...  :B

Rambling is more than welcome in my mailbox as I am a very rambling person myself!  :P

Ooohh yes LOVE was excellent! I mean, I generally liked the CD and stuff before I went but wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was far better than I could have imagined. I was concerned that it may be too 'happy clappy cheesy' sort of thing but it wasn't at all- it was cynical in parts, beautiful in others, also funny but ending really positively. I hate guessing or judging stuff like this but I couldn't help thinking while I was there that I think John and George would have liked it- well it was George's idea anyway, and the fact that it was cynical in places and a bit dark at times would probably have satisfied John!  :) And you may be pleased to here that 'Octopus's Garden' was really really good- my Dad used to make fun of Ringo, particularly this song of his, but after the show he now respects it entirely and says he hadn't 'listened properly' before! so it's good to see that Ringo gets some well-deserved credit!  :D

David Tennant in Harry Potter! It's great how he can play really dark characters like that as well. The post-Rose Doctor Who episodes have been really good! I think I generally prefer the ones with Rose in, but it is still really good and shows David Tennant's acting better than ever. He properly cried in the latest episode, and it was truly realistic and so sad to see! And so there has just been one series of about 14 episodes after the Rose ones and now that is all over but it starts again this christmas  :)  I would like to see more of the things David Tennant has been in (I have only seen Doctor Who, Harry Potter and a couple of clips from some Casanova series or something) Can you remember what else you have seen with him in? My friend has recommended a series called 'Blackpool' that he was apparently in that was good- so I might track that down at some point  :)

...see what I mean? I'm quite the rambler!  8)

<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »

I just learned David was in Harry Potter 4.... I was like where was he? Because you usually don't miss a face like that!  ;)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »

Quote from: 668
I just learned David was in Harry Potter 4.... I was like where was he? Because you usually don't miss a face like that!  ;)

yep! I didnt watch Doctor Who or know/care who he was when I saw him in Harry Potter and when I started watching Doctor Who and made the link I was like 'oooohhh!' It's cool isn't it! Barty Crouch Jr- just a small part but he does it well- I only took notice of him in it when I watched it a second time with the knowledge that he was in it!

lol looking a bit evil!
<br />
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.706 seconds with 27 queries.