A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Paul's mailbox  (Read 12423 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2009, 01:44:02 AM »

Quote from: 1620
^  Ouch, sorry to hear that.  :(  Did he overcharge for the item, the shipping fee, or both?

well the total was $58 so the item was $40 with the shipping being $18.
Logged
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2009, 01:49:55 AM »

I don't know the monetary value of press kits, but $18 to ship these items from France sounds excessive (unless he was sending them via international express or something).  I understand that some sellers will pad their S&H prices to cover eBay/PayPal and packaging fees, but sometimes they overdo it.

The press photo looks really good, though, and I'm guessing it's quite rare.
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2009, 01:59:29 AM »

Quote from: 1620
I don't know the monetary value of press kits, but $18 to ship these items from France sounds excessive (unless he was sending them via international express or something).  I understand that some sellers will pad their S&H prices to cover eBay/PayPal and packaging fees, but sometimes they overdo it.

The press photo looks really good, though, and I'm guessing it's quite rare.


The Jimmy McCulloch & White Line press kit is quite rare in itself. The only thing you can find them is their single on ebay sometimes and that's pretty much it. I have no doubt that I now have every White Line thing out there with the single, press kit, cd and the video of their performance on Supersonic.

Well the guy sent it priority mail.


Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2009, 02:22:01 AM »

Quote from: 682
I have no doubt that I now have every White Line thing out there with the single, press kit, cd and the video of their performance on Supersonic.

Congrats, then!  :)  I hope you're not feeling bummed out because of the guy, though.
Logged

aspinall_lover

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2570
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

That's so cool, Paul!!!  Where you been???  PM me.  Don't use AOL anymore as a provider.  My computer tower has been in the shop for 5 days, "scrubbing" it out.  Virus and all.  I'll PM you where you can IM me.  Keep in touch!!
Logged

aspinall_lover

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 2570
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2009, 10:49:11 PM »

Where you been, Paul????  
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2009, 11:20:46 PM »

Hey, I was wondering, did Bex ever complete the questionnaire you sent her?
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »

Quote from: 1620
Hey, I was wondering, did Bex ever complete the questionnaire you sent her?

No. I haven't heard from her in over a month.  :-/
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »

^  That's a bummer, Paul.  As far as I recall, she didn't get to the JM questions either. :-/
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  That's a bummer, Paul.  As far as I recall, she didn't get to the JM questions either. :-/

No she didn't. Hopefully she's just been busy and not ignoring me. I'm such a worry wart!
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2009, 11:33:11 PM »

^  It's okay, I know I would worry about that too.

What about Jimmy's girlfriend?  The Bunny(?).  Did she ever write back?
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  It's okay, I know I would worry about that too.

What about Jimmy's girlfriend?  The Bunny(?).  Did she ever write back?

Nope, although I am in touch with 2 other ladies in his life. Heather (Not Mills  ;)) moreso than the other. Heather told me that she's one of my biggest fans!
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2009, 11:39:52 PM »

^  I don't think I'm familiar with this Heather (not Mills, thankfully!)...so she's an ex-girlfriend of Jimmy's too?  Glad to hear she's excited about your project.
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42:51 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  I don't think I'm familiar with this Heather (not Mills, thankfully!)...so she's an ex-girlfriend of Jimmy's too?  Glad to hear she's excited about your project.

Well her and Jim met during Wings Australian tour in '75 and he invited her back to England with him but she declined and IIRC that was the last of them although it was pretty serious even though it was a short relationship.
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »

What do Jimmy's associates say about him as a person?  Aside from all the music, obviously.  What was his personality like?
Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »

Quote from: 1620
What do Jimmy's associates say about him as a person?  Aside from all the music, obviously.  What was his personality like?

Depends on who you ask.

It ranges from he was a lovely, sweet guy who was had a great sense of humor, a pleasure to hang out with to (near the end of his life when he was messed up) being hard to love at the end.
Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2009, 11:56:25 PM »

Quote from: 682
(near the end of his life when he was messed up) being hard to love at the end.

 :(  That's really sad.
Logged

Bobber

  • Administrator
  • Sun King
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13532
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2009, 09:16:02 AM »

Logged

JimmyMcCullochFan

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3371
  • Wino Junko
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2009, 06:01:47 AM »

Logged

Penny Lane

  • A Thousand Pages
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4106
  • Paulinate me
Re: Paul's mailbox
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, birthday buddy!!!

Don't party too hard!

 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
 

Page created in 0.507 seconds with 27 queries.