A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Octienarium  (Read 26043 times)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
Re: Octienarium
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Hey Octie, how goes it with you and KE?? :)
Heya! :) It goes good with us, except there's loads of study to be done (read) I have a presentation this coming week and the week after, and there's about 100 pages of readings for next week, and an essay due the week after... (afraid3) But that's all good, it's interesting stuff and it's all part of the plan ;D
And a good thing is that Gerry and the Pacemakers are coming down here and we're going to see them :) Also there's a Beatles tribute band coming here in May and we're gonna see them too ;D Looking forward to those!

How are you going? :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2009, 12:50:54 AM »

Ah, sorry to hear you have been so busy, but at least you have a good attitude about it (unlike me, LOL).   :P  What exactly are you guys studying at school?

I hope you'll enjoy the Gerry and the Pacemakers concert...  I must say I am not familiar with their music but I should look them up on YouTube sometime.  Have fun!

I'm doing okay.  Studied a bit but felt too restless, so I took a break and came here.

Here's Ringo!!   :)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2009, 01:23:28 AM »

^ Awwww!! Thanks so much for the Ringo-pic, Penny Laney! ^___^

I study Accounting and Commercial Law, and KE studies Marketing and Economics. Or rather, these are our majors (all part of a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration degree). This term I'm doing Competition Law, Auditing, and two research methodology papers. One of the methodology papers is very philosophy-like... asking questions like "is there such a thing as objective reality?" and learning about different "world-views"... When I just started studying accounting, I never thought it would come to something like that (bigeyes1) ;D
I think so far I like the competition law paper the best. Except I have a presentation for it tomorrow, uh-oh ><

Good luck with your studies! :) Are you studying speech fluency at the moment?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »

^  Wow, your studies sound really intimidating.  You and KE are going to be great businesswomen, from what it sounds like!  ;)  The objective reality question totally stumped me, not sure I know what that means, LOL.  Good luck on your presentation as well.

The speech fluency section of the class I had is now over.  Now we've moved on to voice studies, which means more anatomy.  Ugggh.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this last time because we were talking about concerts.  Not sure if you've heard this already, but I am seeing Paul in concert next month and I am...ahhhh.  Freaked out.   ;D :B

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »

^........ you're seeing Paul next month??

(bigeyes1)(bigeyes1)(bigeyes1)

Far... too... awesome!! 8) 8) 8) Wow! That's great news! I bet it's going to be wonderful (of course!) So exciting!! :)
Have you been to a Paul-concert before? (I haven't :B )

I wish Paul (and Ringo) would come to NZ sometime... (but it's probably more realistic to hope they'll come to Australia, except I might not necessarily be able to fly there... hmm... we'll see about that)

By the way, good luck with the voice studies... maybe you can use Paul's awesome voice as a case study! ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

Quote from: 610
I wish Paul (and Ringo) would come to NZ sometime... (but it's probably more realistic to hope they'll come to Australia, except I might not necessarily be able to fly there... hmm... we'll see about that)

You can always swim.  ;)

I can stay till it's time to go

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »

^  White Cliffs of Dover?   :P

Quote from: 610
^........ you're seeing Paul next month??

(bigeyes1)(bigeyes1)(bigeyes1)

Far... too... awesome!! 8) 8) 8) Wow! That's great news! I bet it's going to be wonderful (of course!) So exciting!! :)
Have you been to a Paul-concert before? (I haven't :B )

By the way, good luck with the voice studies... maybe you can use Paul's awesome voice as a case study! ;D

Thanks Octie, yeah, I'm excited.  I have never seen Paul in concert before, but I'm thrilled about seeing my favoritest member of my favoritest band at Coachella.   ;)   :P  I have seen Ringo before in concert and that was fun.  I wonder if the Beatles have ever played in NZ before?  Or did they only do Australia?...

While reviewing my voice notes, I was thinking about Paul's voice, actually.  His voice has changed a lot from his youth (it's gotten deeper and such) so I did pick up on that, LOL.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »

Quote from: 59
You can always swim.  ;)

but... "I can't swim!" ;D
No, actually I can :) Hehe, swimming across the Tasman to see Paul/Ringo... that would probably be the ultimate test to prove I'm a fan ;D
Thanks for the comment and picture, Hello Goodbye - made me grin broadly (grin)

Quote from: 1620
Thanks Octie, yeah, I'm excited.  I have never seen Paul in concert before, but I'm thrilled about seeing my favoritest member of my favoritest band at Coachella.   ;)   :P  I have seen Ringo before in concert and that was fun.  I wonder if the Beatles have ever played in NZ before?  Or did they only do Australia?...

Oh, yeahyeahyeah, they came to NZ too :) And to our Windy Welly (aka Wellington ;D ) at that. Nowadays it looks like most bands/artists forget that Wellington is actually the *capital of NZ*, so when they do come down here, they only perform in Auckland >:( (of course, Auckland is far bigger/has many more people than Wellington and it would make more commercial sense to perform in Auckland, but that doesn't prevent me from ranting about it ;D )

Here's a piccie of the Beatles when they were here :)

Yay, they've got tiki necklaces and all ;D Only Paul is looking at the camera properly, good on him! ;D

I read in some special edition of our newspaper once that the reporter who covered their concert back then is still deaf in one ear because of all the screaming :o
And the newspaper also said that John and Ringo met some (distant) relatives here in Wellington :)

[EDIT] Hang on!! I just looked up the Beatles's visit on the NZ history website and... the relatives that Ringo met up with are exactly from the suburb where we live! (shock) So... he just might have taken a stroll in the park next to our house, or something... and if I go back in time right now and walk out into our street, I just might meet 1964-Ringo ;D ;D ;D [/EDIT]

Oops, I better stop talking and get back to my assignment ><
Have fun looking forward to seeing Paul! :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2009, 04:54:19 AM »

^  Ohh, great pic with the tiki necklaces!  I've never seen them before.  They are really huge.

I've heard of someone (can't remember whom) who went to a Beatles concert, and the noise and vibrations were so overwhelming that it caused his teeth to loosen in his gums.   ??)  So yeah, with deafness, teeth problems, and the possibility of getting trampled by hysterical crowds, Beatle concerts could be a real danger to your health!   ;D

Aww, I'd love it if you could go back in time and meet Ringo in your neighborhood.  I think we all wish we could travel back in time just for the Beatles. ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • Sun King
« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »

I'm glad it's your birthday...
 Happy Birthday to you!
                (musicnotes)

Yom Holedet Sameach!
I can stay till it's time to go

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #310 on: April 16, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »

(birthday)(dance) HAPPY BIRTHDAY OCTIE!!!(party)(rocknroll)
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #311 on: April 16, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »

Have an awesome birthday, Octie!!!!!   :) :) :) :) :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »

Happy Birthday Octie Spoktie!!!!!!

There are more surprises yet to come... hint hint nudge nudge!

(party) (dance) (jumping)

They are higher than a dream and stranger than your wild imagination.....

Dont forget to check if he is in the shed..... ;)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2009, 12:51:50 AM »

Happy birthday Octie :)  Hope it's a good one, don't let KE get out of control with the surprises!  LOL

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2009, 03:54:09 AM »

happy birthed date sunshine........may you have many more.....and not look a year older for the next 50 years..... ;)

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2009, 06:50:48 AM »

Happy birthday there down south!  ;D

Magness

• A Thousand Pages
  • Simple truth miscalled Simplicity
    • My Gallery of Horrors! XD
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2009, 07:37:43 AM »

(rainbow1)(birthday)(rainbow1)
(laugh1)
(jumping)
(rainbow1)Happy Birthday to you, my dear friend (rainbow1)

\\sorry, there's too much smiles ;D\\
Stop the Earth spinning round, I'll get out of it!!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Octie! Happy Birthday to you!!! Sorry, it`s a bit late! You are a great person and a lovely girl, be lucky and happy!  :) :) :)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »

Wow, thank you so much Hello Goodbye, Mrs Lennon, Penny Lane, Hey Jude, PC, Bobber, Magnie, Jane, and everyone ;D So nice of you guys - thank you!! It means a lot (grin)  
(Hello Goodbye - toda raba!! (lol) )

And of course KE, my absolutely amazing sister (heart3) - thanks for the awesome surprises!!
(which included songs, various impersonations, and... a pillowcase with a Ringo pic on it! (shock) I got such a surprise last night when I got into bed, looked at my pillow and saw this:

Thanks so much KE ^_^ )

And I got a camera too, which is great, coz our old camera's been playing up lately. And, um... a box of Smurfs DVDs (which doesn't correspond too well with my age, but I'm a hopeless nostalgia-fan :B :) )
And it was great to get a study-free night and a chance to un-frazzle my nerves ;D

Cake all around! (grin)(grin)(grin)
Hope you guys all have a good weekend! :)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:29 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OCTIE!!!! sorry if its a bit late,  ??)

(birthday)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Page created in 0.888 seconds with 26 queries.