A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Where Were You?  (Read 27488 times)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Where Were You?
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2011, 05:03:18 AM »

i need you

"I Need You By George Harrison"    ;D :P " 2ch"
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »

"I Need You By George Harrison"    ;D :P " 2ch"
don't know what you are trying to say there Gary910... i'm just saying that the beatles were one big cohesive inseperable whole for me, John Lennon and Macca were the major songwriters and sang most of the songs, Ringo Starr played drums, George Harrison sang some songs and back up vocals and played lead as opposed to rhythm guitar.. standard beatles mythology. i had no idea this group even needed, wanted, nor desired any leaders, their music was without exception *extremely* listenable, accessible and fun to listen to. even by this time i was well aware of the crap imitators, as most hard rock bands were more or less one hit wonders that probably had some music talent, though i admit i liked bands like quicksilver, led zeppelin and black sabbath. for the most part i could do without the rest, that is, mainstream pop. that's why i like soul music and R and B, it isn't or wasn't dragged down in mindless hypocrisy and sappy lyrical treatment..

hope that makes sense.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:11:55 AM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:06 AM »

I was making a joke. It is a reference to the ending credits of the film "Help!". During the credits when the song credits come on, George's voice comes on and says, "I Need You by George Harrison".
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

LennMcHarriStarr64

• One And One Is Two
  • Love Beatles
    • The Beatles
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2013, 03:54:16 AM »

I was John in my last life, and was reborn into this body a few years later.  I have no memory of the incident, but the same intentions, and I will continue what I came into this world to do.  ;yes
My YouTube Channel ~ Full Albums in High Quality!
http://www.youtube.com/user/LennMcHarriStarr64/

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »

I was a year and five months old. I had no idea of anything. It didn't really hit me HARD, real hard, until I became a big time Beatles fan 19 years later.

I can only imagine what I'd be feeling, what state I would be in if I was a teenager or adult in 1980. I can only imagine that the pain I feel now about the loss of John would be too enormous to bare. I can imagine my heart breaking every time I heard one of his songs on the radio. It's easy if you try.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.861 seconds with 26 queries.