Solo forums > Fifth Beatles and the Merseybeat Scene

Rockabilly and Beatles

<< < (2/10) > >>

pc31:
i hope you don't take this wrong alex but DUH!!! no that that is out of my system
the musicians of rockabilly back then could only usually manage to put of a 45 rpm on occasion...there must be a million that had only 45s out but no album...there were many bands like that...a few of my rockabilly faves are the collins kids,gene vincent,eddie cochran,link wray,charlie feathers and carl perkins...even george jones did rockabilly b4 he settled in to country permy like...america was trying to keep their kids from the boogie woogie and rab(rockabilly) was full of it so it was kind of squashed here...i would think the 45 in flux to england did alot for the scene there and i would bet my last dollar that rab influenced tony sheridan directly...as it did with joe brown,paddy whatshisface,roy young,faron and a few others b4 the beatles were kids...joe also had joe brown for a hero back then,george always turned his heros into good friends,like he did with carl perkins and dave edmunds,joe brown and so many others....country was the building block for rab,the basic one anyways.....damn gotta go to werk...this is probally boring any ways...if you wanna learn about their roots check out the star club song list and find out who preformed them first...did you know that hey hey hey was a gene vincent tune as well...?????ok i'll gut you later...

pc31:
oh and ask alex if he minds you move this to the fifths...it'll get over looked here...and hey bobber...slap the ass on the wife 4 me....be movie guys...

pc31:

--- Quote from: 483 ---He seems to have been around a bit, without having any real mainstream success. I doubt I'd ever have heard of him had it not been for The Beatles.
--- End quote ---
and vice versa more paul you would of never heard of the beatles had there been no tony sheridan.....i firmly believe this to be true...and if you don't you are fooling yourself....lol

Bobber:

--- Quote from: 284 ---oh and ask alex if he minds you move this to the fifths...it'll get over looked here...and hey bobber...slap the ass on the wife 4 me....be movie guys...
--- End quote ---

I will. I will.

BlueMeanie:

--- Quote from: 284 ---and vice versa more paul you would of never heard of the beatles had there been no tony sheridan.....i firmly believe this to be true...and if you don't you are fooling yourself....lol

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't disagree after seeing that vid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version