Other forums > Current Affairs

Canadian Dollar Skyrockets

(1/4) > >>

Mairi:
Okay, so probably no one cares about this except for me, but I'll post it anyway since it's so f***ing awesome. HAHA CANUCKS RULE!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/dollar_cdn/

the Canadian dollar has hot a 31-year high and is currently almost on par with the American dollar.

What does this mean for Canada? Lots of money to spend online or at the US. However, this does spell trouble Canadian exporters.

What does this mean for the States? Well, be prepared for lots of Canadian crossing the border to buy things at all your lovely shops.

I know that I personally will be hitting the online stores!!!!!!

Sondra:

--- Quote from: 218 ---Okay, so probably no one cares about this except for me, but I'll post it anyway since it's so f***ing awesome. HAHA CANUCKS RULE!!!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/dollar_cdn/

What does this mean for the States? Well, be prepared for lots of Canadian crossing the border to buy things at all your lovely shops.

I know that I personally will be hitting the online stores!!!!!!
--- End quote ---

What, so you won't be crossng our lovely border? We'd go there, but most of us don't have passports! The days of just driving over are gone. So you plan on buying any Beatle merchandise with all that Canadian cash?

Pasta Cheif:
Its true, the Canadian dollar is doing great. However, last week I was reading money news and found this:

The U.S dollar has fallen to yet another all-time low against the euro, after further weak US economic data.

Figures showed that US consumer confidence has fallen to a near two-year low, while house prices have seen the sharpest drop in 16 years.

Analysts said the data boosted expectations that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates still further.

In early trading, the euro hit a high of $1.4162, before pulling back to $1.4123 by mid-afternoon in Europe ( As of Sept 26th)

harihead:
It's time for a John Lennon quote from 1969:

"Well, the communist fear is that and the American paranoia mainly, it

Mairi:

--- Quote from: 216 ---
What, so you won't be crossng our lovely border? We'd go there, but most of us don't have passports! The days of just driving over are gone. So you plan on buying any Beatle merchandise with all that Canadian cash?
--- End quote ---

Heck yes. I'm going to get that Beatles iPod with my hard-earned dollars, and if I buy it online, rather than at a shop, I'll save at least 75 bucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version