Beatles forums > Albums

Why do the new CDs I bought have (British) on em?

(1/3) > >>

NGM:
I just thought this was interesting...

tkitna:
If i'm not mistaken, all the Beatle albums that were released on CD are how they were released in England. The US releases varied somewhat (by name and song titles) and that is the reason you cant buy say,,,,"Hey Jude"(the album version that was released in the US) on CD. The Pastmaster CD's were created due to this.

I'm no expert though. TE and some other members would know more specifics.

Rowdy:
Pretty much.....note that in the UK, they never had the Magical Mystery Tour album, although they started importing it in during the seventies...before that, they had that two LP set with tracks 1-3 and 4-6 of the normal album on each respectively...

I'm glad that the band decided to release them the way they were meant to be.....we can then see their logical musical progression, rather than a mismash of songs.

:
Not "two LP set", but "two EP set" - just a typo I'm sure, but it could be confusing to some.

I don't know what you mean by I'm glad that the band decided to release them the way they were meant to be.....we can then see their logical musical progression, rather than a mismash of songs. The way the band wanted it WAS the two-EP set.

Rowdy:
Ah, good point there with Magical Mystery Tour.....but did they really want it to be a two EP set? I think that was just management and the label trying to make sure they'd have something to sell.........they could've easily fit it all on one record....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version