A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thank you!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Harihead's Tangled Web  (Read 6682 times)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Harihead's Tangled Web
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »

:)
http://www.4sitemusic.com/studio
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »

Congrats to you!  Wishing you the best of luck on your new job.   :)

mysterymagic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:20 PM »

Congrats harihead!

And I second your enthusiasm about our new president!(beer)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »

Thanks for your good wishes, everyone!

*has a nice toast with mysterymagic* :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

mysterymagic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »

(wink1)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »

My last day of freedom-- and I have a cold! Off to work in an office Monday 9-to-5 for the first time in ages. I hope it goes okay.

Thanks for all your support, everyone!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:07 PM »

Good luck, Hari - I'm happy for you!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »

Happy new year, Hari!  I hope all is going well with your job.  How is it working out for you?

George (and Paul) wanted to cheer you on too.   ;)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 04:24:16 AM »

Hi, PL! Thanks for the good wishes. :)

New job is pretty tedious-- long commute, long office hours with no personal email or time, physically and emotionally stressful. The work itself is easy to the point of boredom; i'm probably utilizing 10% of my abilities. I'm going to be looking for a new gig. They treat contractors like some sort of disease; the office politics are a little trying. So I'll see if I can round something else up, but in the mean time I don't dare leave a paying gig. It's pretty humiliating at my time of life. I have to flatter everyone's ego. I'm still trying to find my place in this world. Suggestions welcome!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2009, 01:31:17 AM »

Hi Hari, I'm sorry to hear your job isn't going as well as you would like.  You deserve better.  As for the "physically and emotionally stressful" part, I know what you mean, I've been down that road too.   :( :(  Keep us updated...

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »

It is a Long & Winding Road to get to somewhere where you like in work or whatever, i'm sure
you'll find that place HariHead!  ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2009, 05:31:54 AM »

I'm just posting an update so people know what's up with me.

I'm feeling blue. Several of you may know that I've been helping to take care of a friend of mine who was diagnosed with stomach cancer last July. I was able to spend a lot of time helping out before I got the mandatory on-site job with the commute last December.

Yesterday I learned that John's tumor was growing again, after 2 surgeries and several bouts of chemo. The doctor says they can do more interventions if John likes, but it won't do any good. So John has opted out of any further treatment. His rough life expectancy is two months.

I went to see him tonight, and he seems "peacefully resigned". He said, actually, "If I had a switch, I'd turn it off." He wants to stay home if possible until the end, which I strongly support, particularly after his nasty stay at the nursing home (a way-station between the hospital and home after his last surgery), where he was dreadfully neglected. So many people out of work in this country, and they can't staff a nursing home with enough attendants.

Anyway, I've been a bit fragile and weepy today. I hope to see John at least once a week. He's very tired and doesn't like to talk. I think I'll bring a book with me next time. Reading aloud seems a natural choice.

I got home late feeling bereft. I put on "Brainwashed", which I always think of as George's "looking death in the eye" album. It was very comforting.

Good night. Thanks for listening.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »

I hope your friend has plenty more like you. Take care.

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:18 AM »

Good luck Marie. I've been to several condolances myself in the last few weeks. People say dying is a part of life, but sometimes it's a rough road. All the best.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2009, 08:51:07 AM »

Quote from: 551
So many people out of work in this country, and they can't staff a nursing home with enough attendants.

Just my quick two cents--doing sick and elderly care is a really, really rough job.  I used to be an elderly care assistant and it was the hardest job I've ever had, both emotionally and physically.  It taught me a lot about life (and death), but unless I truly had to, I would not go into this type of job again.

But I am really sorry about the tough times you've been having.  :(  You are an amazing person to take care of your friend, and I am sure you are bringing a great deal of comfort to him in his final days.  Don't forget to take care of yourself too, though.  Both of you will be in my thoughts.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

Hi Hari,

Sorry to hear of your sorrow. Much strength to you and your friend in these times. x

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

sorry to hear of your recent troubles HariHead. always hear to talk as a friend.  ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »

Dear Hari! These are very hard times you are going through. When nothing could be done. You are a really strong person and you have a heart of gold. We are all with you.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words. They were very comforting, and I've needed comfort.

My friend John passed away early Wednesday morning. The end came very quickly-- a fast fall during 48 hours. I'd seen him this weekend to bring him a little dinner and a silly gift. He was perfectly lucid, although sleepy. I had planned to visit Weds with another friend, and called as usual for my dinner instructions, only to learn from the woman staying there that he had passed quietly in his sleep the night before.

John was ready to go, but we weren't ready to lose him. We tied up the phone lines sharing thoughts and memories yesterday, but it's still hard. It's hard to lose another good person out of the world. I expect the next days will be busy as we try to sort through his affairs and plan a memorial service. His family has been useless-- only one cousin has stepped in to help, so his friends have been doing it all. Some of them have been his friends for over 30 years. That speaks well of the man, I think.

So the waiting is over, sooner than we'd expected. I only hope I show as much grace and kindness as John did during his final days.

Thanks to you all for your kind words of support.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 02:38:32 PM »

Be comforted to know you were fully there for him. My sincerest sympathies, my friends and I who recently lost a dear friend remain very close for each other in these hard times and I am sure someone of your compassion will  be surrounded by good people. I will paste some beautiful words that Sandra passed to me....
"Let no one weep for me or celebrate my funeral with mourning, for I still live as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men."
-Quintus Ennius

Always here for a philisophical natter should you need. :) x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 27 queries.