Beatles forums > Polls

Band V Venus

(1/3) > >>

DaveRam:
Wings commercial peak in terms of album success came about with  " Band On The Run " and  " Venus And Mars " , both were transatlantic # 1's in America and the UK .
These  albums represent Paul and Wings defining their sound , so which of these two great albums do you like best and why ?

DaveRam:
I used to think Band On The Run was a much better album than Venus and Mars , but over the years i've changed my opinion and i now think Venus is a much more superior album . The songs are more interesting and the sound is bigger , so my vote is most definitely going to Venus , she blows the quite dated Band On The Run out of the water (thumbsdown) (thumbsup)

BlueMeanie:
At the time, I would have said Band On The Run, but Venus & Mars seems to have weathered better.

DaveRam:

--- Quote from: 483 ---At the time, I would have said Band On The Run, but Venus & Mars seems to have weathered better.
--- End quote ---

I agree BlueMeanie it's got a much more intergalatic sound than Band On The Run , i'm waiting for the spaceship to pick me up now

(beammeup)

Geoff:
I'm probably just displaying my advancing age and declining critical faculties, but I still prefer Band On The Run. I like the spare production and directness of the songs. Venus and Mars is a great mid seventies road album, though, and Wings' best record after Band. Too bad Paul didn't add "Junior's Farm"/ "Sally G" to one of the CD issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version